Saturday 23 September 2017

This and That



 I did a little more decorating for Fall today. I picked this little banner up at a garage sale.



Then I hot glued dry leaves to a length of brown string . Some of the leaves refuse to face the right way! I hung it between the dining room and the sun room. I have a feeling this won't last long. One six-footer walks under it and it will come down.


I also got these 3 little pieces at a garage sale for .75.  One is quite long ( I folded it up for the picture) and has a few small stains but I still like all the work that went into it.  I'm not sure but I think the flowers are made up of countless French knots.


I love handmade quilted bags and this pretty one was my latest addition. Fifty cents, the man said!
It has deep pockets on front and back and I just love the trim along the top! It was in a pile of baby clothes so maybe it was meant as a diaper bag??


When I got home from shopping I thought the week's fruit looked so pretty I took a picture of it!


That sums up my Saturday. The weather was perfectly Autumn weather. I found time to sit on the porch and watch the Hummingbirds at the feeder and Chickadees at the bird bath.

Thanks for reading about my day. I hope you had a lovely one too.


Granny Marigold

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful doilies, yes it looks like french knots! Cute bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treasures you found, I particularly loved the quilted bag a real bargain. The fruit does make for a very pretty picture. I had a great day in the kitchen making chutney and jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Granny Marigold, you find the greatest things at yard sales and thrift shops!
    We had a great day too at Applefest. But it was too darn hot! Thirty three degrees with a humidex of nearly forty. The same weather is forecast today. Please send some Autumnal weather this way!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-)))) Let us know, how long, the leaves swag lasted!!!!

    Yes, fruits and veggies are beautiful. I do the same, take pics of them. :-)

    Gentle hugs, Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cozy autumn house. You did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the best things at sales and thrift stores! I often take photos of fruit too... I especially like apples all shined up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fall décor looks pretty and cozy. I'll be curious to hear how the leaf garland fares.
    I love the looks of the fruit all together like that. So colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your fall decorations, my friend! That banner of leaves you made just amazes me. I don't think I would have the patience to work on something like that. You found some beautiful handwork at the thrift store...and the quilted bag is so cute. Someone put a lot of work into all of those finds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some fine thrift store finds! I like that sweet knitting bag. Happy Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The heart garland is cute and I love your dried leaf garland! Great idea. I also love embroidery, it reminds me of the 'old days.' Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete