Wednesday 4 October 2017

Miniatures


Chy over at Our Little House in the Big Woods is interested in miniatures and I thought I'd post pictures of some of mine for her ( and anyone else who is interested) to see.
My DH built the oak boxes that hang on the wall in our living room. A removable glass front keeps dust out..  This box is obviously a dining room.
 BTW, many of my Christmas pretties stay out all year round.



                 The second box is a Christmas room.  Here I remembered to remove the glass front to avoid a glare.





Then there's the little house that has appeared in many pics in the past.  My oldest daughter built it from a kit which she modified and then she and my DH built the lean-to kitchen on the left.



I won't bore you with all the room views but here's the kitchen...


             dining room..... The dish on the table is way out of scale and will be removed. The grands like to peek in and sometimes we add stuff.


 and lastly the living room. You can just see the stairs and the front door in the corner.


Thanks for coming by. I hope you're having a great week!



Granny Marigold

4 comments:

  1. It is on our to do list, we have a dolls houses that we want to furnish and dress. Yours are inspirational thank you for the tour. The Christmas room was a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters wete pretty fascinated with minis and dollhouses in their childhoods. These are a fun reminder of those days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!!!! Beautiful!!!!! Delightful!!!

    You can show all the rooms, to me!!!!!! :-)

    Even electrified. Your husband, building the boxes, did a marvelous job.

    Again! What treasures!!!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so sweet and beautiful! I love miniature everything, although I don't actually have a lot of it myself. I loved doll houses as a child and spent hours playing with them. I'd make my own by stacking boxes on each other. Yours are so nice - they look rather Victorian! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete