Monday 21 April 2014

Easter Monday

Have you had an enjoyable Easter weekend?  For some it was back to work today but others were lucky enough to have today off as well. Either way, tomorrow it will be back to the usual routine.

We had a mix of weather, showers then sun and we were able to get outside and get some much-needed yard work done.  I planted out my little Morning Glories and my DH planted the tomato plants and covered them with a plastic cover since the temperature still goes down quite a bit at night. Now I just have the Sweet Peas and Zinnias in peat pots waiting for another nice day when I will put those in the ground.  I never quite trust those peat pots to disintegrate as they should so I tear out the bottoms before setting  them in the ground.  Hopefully everything will grow and bloom.

This morning I was thrilled to see a couple of Yellow-Rumped Warblers at the birdbath in the back yard. As I was watching them I noticed two White-Crowned Sparrows and a Golden-Crowned Sparrow as well ! IF I've ever seen a Golden-Crown before, it was a long time ago. Such a rare sighting for me.  Later I observed a couple of Fox Sparrows under the Bloomerang Lilac doing their funny little jump and scratch thing, so much like a chicken would do.  I didn't get pictures of them but I do have this picture of a Bluebird ( one of my favourite birds), and one of a Robin, that great harbinger of Spring.




I coculdn't resist adding this one of a cute little bunny, another common Spring sight.

                     Have a good day.   Granny Marigold

No comments:

Post a Comment