Tuesday 10 February 2015

Thrifty Tuesday


My DH was meeting his brothers for coffee this morning and the place they were meeting was very close to the thrift store so I tagged along and had my own fun. I'm not sure that these finds were exactly thrifty because they were all unnecessary but I was treating myself to pretty, howbeit useless things!  And they were cheap to begin with and seniors get 30% off Tuesdays.

I love these hand painted wine glasses. I don't mind at all that they can't be put in the dishwasher. 
I had to buy all three because that's how they were priced 3 for 2.99 minus the discount. I love the polka-dotted base.



     Yes, I know, yet another teddy bear!  But she is extra cute, don't you think?  Fully jointed too.
 

Imagine finding a Fancy Nancy in French!   ( My grands are in French Immersion and I'm always on the look out for books they like in French).


My youngest son happened to come by when I was unpacking my treasures. He thought this piece was half chamber pot and half watering can. It is quite large. ( And what does he know about chamber pots anyway??)  Again, the only reason I got it was because I like it. My treat to myself!!
It also was very inexpensive. ( Who else would see any potential in it??)
 

I try not to bring anything home that I won't have a space for so to prove that this one has a spot I'm posting the pic of the cupboard it now resides in.
 

That's my day so far. I think a nice walk in the park would do me good right about now. The rain has stopped and I should be home before school is out. We live close to three schools...elementary through high school so around 2:30 it gets kind of crazy with kids everywhere.  Hope your day is a fine one!!

             Granny Marigold


No comments:

Post a Comment