Saturday 29 September 2018

Craft Fair


                            It was the day for the annual craft fair at the plant shop.


One had to walk through a good part of the main store before coming to the area where the crafters had set up their tables.


                       There were so many lovely blooms to admire.


..including these Sunflowers. I realized that I've never had a sunflower and just like that one jumped into my hands!


                      It looks a little lonely here in my sunroom,  away from all the others.



DH's niece is so talented; she makes a variety of crafts, all of them beautiful.
I especially like the rag quilts she makes with the exposed seams.  She uses the softest fabrics and you just want to hold the quilts up to your face.



On the way out I bought another bunch of Mums, white ones this week. I mixed them with last week's yellow ones. ( I have no idea why this background is black. My camera battery was dying so maybe that's why).
                               Thanks for visiting today.
         

                                            Granny M.


9 comments:

  1. So many beautiful flowers! I've been wanting to make one of those rag quilts. Your niece's are lovely. Maybe this winter I will tackle one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely excursion. I made one rag quilt years back and can truly appreciate all the work the crafters put into making as many as they do for their displays at the sales.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL. LOVE the sunflowers. Bet it was cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you enjoyed your walk around the craft fair. I try to stay away from them, don't want to be tempted to buy anything!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a great fan of a craft fair, the one you visited looked amazing set up in the garden centre what a lovely setting. Loved the rag quilts, you have a talented niece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sunflower bloom has a baby brother so he shouldn't be too awfully lonely! I would go to more craft fairs if they featured all those pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the sunroom look with the huge Sunflower and your background your garden. Very nice take you did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the grafts and the sewing is that in a grocery store as I see pot of flowers hanging up. It is a big space for you all. Nice clear picture.

    ReplyDelete