Thursday 5 December 2019

Another day, Another Walk


The lake looked dark when I first started walking around it but it got a bit brighter. I carried an umbrella 'just in case' but didn't need it.




 I can't resist taking more pictures of the Mergansers. I noticed that there are mainly males again. I wonder where the females are.



Do you remember back in October when these neighbours filled their front yard with Halloween decorations?   Well, now they've put up their annual Christmas stuff.  Personally I find it overdone but prefer this to the grotesque Halloween things.  There's even Christmas music that plays as you walk by.


My day is off to a great start. Just me in the house and I've been motivated to tidy up!!
DH is at his volunteer job at Gleaners. I'm sure I've mentioned that some 40 to 60 people ( mainly seniors) get together 5 days a week to make dried soup mix that gets sent to needy countries.  Trucks bring produce that has had to be removed from store shelves because it's beginning to "go".  Volunteers sort through and whatever is still okay gets chopped and dried. This week they received over 2000 lbs of tomatoes. All still in those small plastic containers ( that I feel should be illegal).  Nevertheless, at least the produce is being put to good use.  I do wish excessive use of plastic would be made illegal and very soon!

Thanks for stopping by,


Granny Marigold




15 comments:

  1. So glad they're making that much-needed soup. But I agree with you whole-heartedly about the plastic - what a horror for our planet! When I think of ALL the millions of piece of plastic, and that all of it is around forever :( And how much goes into our oceans and washes up on our beaches. So, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those neighbors are ridiculous, ha ha. I'm proud of you for walking so regularly. I gave up at the first hint of cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you have that lake to walk around each morning.

    Oh my goodness, I'll say that is a bit overdone with the Christmas decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking around your lake looks like a great way to start your day. I haven't been for a walk for quite a few days no - too busy. I hope to get back to it but now that the decorating is done, I have to get back to the baking.
    Can Christmas decorations be overdone? Probably not for me. :-)
    Good job, Gleaners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like my Christmas decorations to be a bit more subtle, but I guess we all like different things. How lovely to have a lake to walk around, although your walking makes me feel a bit guilty because I've not been for one for a few days now. There is always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that little bridge over the lake! I do so enjoy little foot bridges and really hate overdone yard decoration. Growing up, my mother would cluck and shake her head at our own "Griswold" neighbors as they finished off their yard horror with a "flying" santa on the roof. Complete with lighted runway. Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have a lovely place to walk. I love seeing the lake and the waterfowl there. I so agree with you about the excessive us of plastics. My daughter and I have teamed up to do without it every way we can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good day for a walk. Some beautiful places and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a pretty place to walk. The lake is beautiful. Oh, those Christmas decorations! There is a yard a few miles from us that looks pretty much the same as your neighbor's. YUK! You know, all those plastic decorations are expensive! I can't imagine paying for that stuff, when the woods are full of such beautiful natural decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is wonderful that you have the lake to walk around. Those blow-up decorations don't do a thing for me for any holiday..are worse than none.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lakes are very calming I find.
    The decorations are an example of somewhat dubious taste, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those inflatable "decorations" are plastic, too, and not even useful - I walked past a house the other day in the morning when the several dozen on one lawn were all deflated piles of gaudiness. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete