Saturday 7 December 2019

Touring an Old House

If you've been reading my blog for a while then you'll recognize this lovely old house that is part of the park by the lake where I walk  almost every day. At Christmastime the house is decorated and there's an open house. Which was today.


I love the kitchen although I'm sure actually working in it was far from convenient in the '20's when the house was built.


These lovely ladies were waiting to greet guests who came to tour the house. They graciously posed for a photo.


The livingroom with the beautifully decorated tree .


The maid's room off the hall near the kitchen.


The pictures I took in the dining room were fuzzy and I didn't take any more pics because the other rooms were not decorated except for a sprig of holly over a mirror or picture.

Tonight we're off to church for Advent Vespers.  I'm so looking forward to that.

Thanks for coming by today,


GRANNY  MARIGOLD   



14 comments:

  1. No lolling around for the maids. If you have spare time, there is ironing to be done, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you could not have did a post I liked better...I so love that house from the outside and love what you showed of the interior. It sure is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about that house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking through old houses and how they used to decorate their rooms and do things, and this place is a beauty. I should imagine you never tire of looking through it. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that kitchen! It reminds me of my grandma's kitchen. Is the house tour free or is it like the houses here which charge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's free although there was a barrel outside the door for donations to the Food Bank.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tour! Fun to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos... I love old houses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I visited a house like that I would want to sit a spell in the kitchen, or in the window seat...

    ReplyDelete
  9. how beautiful! a special place! thanks for showing us! I love how light and airy the kitchen looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the tour of the house and especiall the kitchen. The outside of the house looks a lot like homes in the neighborhood we lived in when we first got married. Of course our home was MUCH smaller, one of the smallest ones there.
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm so glad you came to see me!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be a dream house for me. ooooh love that kitchen and parlour. Thank you for sharing these pictures. I like to pick out calenders which are pretty, usually they will have seashells or beach scenes. DH like yours likes the "functional" calender no foof. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love older homes and Victorian especially.
    How wonderful to be able to tour this older home.
    The cabin we live in, (well I call it our cabin in the woods) was built in the early 1900's has quite a story.
    In fact,I will be having a tea party with one of the daughter's, she was from a family of 11 children. She has recently moved back to our area and is living in an assisted living home and would like to see her old homestead, she is in her late 90's. She will be bringing her cousin, who was my youngest daughter's piano teacher years ago, a delightful lady. Should be a wonderful time of fellowship.
    Our home has been remodeled, but the main house is still in the old foundation.

    So nice to visit with you and Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Advent Vespers sounds lovely. The home is lovely too! I adore the pretty skirts around all the kitchen furnishings. I wish that were still a trend!

    ReplyDelete