Saturday 21 December 2019

Christmas Home Tour

It was a rainy day but we didn't let that stop us from going on a tour of some beautiful homes all done up for the season. These homes have been in more than 20 Hallmark movies, most of them Christmas related. Sadly we were told that pictures could only be taken of the outside of the houses.  How I would have loved to show you some of the wonderful details inside.

In one of the houses there was a narrow windy set of stairs going up to the attic where an awesome  miniature railroad with many houses, stations and trains was set up ( Karen, I would have loved to be able to show it to you and Ken.) 



Each house had decorated Christmas trees in every room it seemed, even in bedrooms. Gingerbread houses, gingerbread people, even a large gingerbread wreath.





This friendly dog was happy to greet everyone.




All the proceeds of the tour were going to International Justice Mission (IJM) of Canada. We heard a little of the good work this organization does throughout the world rescuing victims of violence and slavery.

It was so much fun to have a peek into these houses. I hope you enjoyed seeing the outsides, at least.


GRANNY MARIGOLD







13 comments:

  1. I DID really enjoy the photos. I would have loved the inside tour too. It was unfortunate you couldn't take pictures for us. Thanks for sharing the ones you did get. I used to really want a big, old house like that. When we were first married we lived in a 101 year old house in Nebraska. I loved it and the workmanship was amazing. Now I would settle for a small cabin. I've always wanted a log home.
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame they would not let you photograph the insides, but I notice a lot of places are like that now. It sounds like it was a very interesting tour through the houses, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I did enjoy seeing the outside of these beautiful homes. Of course I would have liked to have peeked inside too, but I know photos are rarely allowed inside on these tours. It must have been a fun and inspirational day for you. If I don't get back here before Christmas I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and happy, healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved what you showed....so would have loved to see the inside but I bet that was partly for safety sake...to not show to the world what is inside. But that don't stop me wishing I could have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What attractive houses and beautifully decorated too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh too bad we couldn't see inside, but it was nice to just see the outsides. I would have loved to take a tour.
    Yes, Ken and I would have enjoyed seeing the trains!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. I have been hoping that Steve would feel good enough to take a short evening drive and look at the lights on the houses. They all look so "gingerbread" this time of the year.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the neat pictures! We watch the Hallmark movies...so maybe we've seen some of these homes! What a fun day that must have been! Thanks again. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell just from the outsides that they must have been wonderful inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely outing especially now at Christmas. Interesting how these houses were used for various Hallmark movies. Our oldest daughter was approached by Hallmark this fall as they wanted to rent some of her vintage pieces for one of their Christmas movies they were filming in Winnipeg. We used to have a Christmas Home Tour here in town and the tickets included a posh Christmas tea at the cultural arts centre but unfortunately that died out a number of years ago. It was always held the last Sunday in November. It was a nice way to kick off the holiday season and get into the mood to decorate!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. As pretty as the outside of these homes are I can just imagine how beautiful the inside must be. That last one is my favorite. I love the dog too. Marry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo Hallmark houses! That is so cool! Merry CHRISTmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas! What a fun day that must have been!

    ReplyDelete