Saturday 28 December 2019

Memories of Christmas 2019

We had a wonderful Christmas. In the days leading up to the 25th I made my usual Peanut Butter/Rice Krispies recipe ( that have to be frozen then dipped in chocolate). I don't know what I did wrong but they would not stick together so I decided to skip them this year. Well, my sons weren't about to let that happen so they made them ( and from now on they can do it every year. YAY!!)



I sure should have run a brush through my hair before this picture of myself with daughter Sheila and GD Kate.


Youngest son bought me this absolutely beautiful hanging thing that I cannot describe but it is here on the top right hand of the photo. I must find a better picture that shows the entire thing.. It is battery powered and turns quietly as if a gentle breeze is moving it.


 Found one...


Here's a photo of me and DH as well as daughter Sheila and youngest and oldest sons.  Too bad we didn't get one of  all of us. Oh well, there's always another chance.


I'm off to the library to pick up a copy of Marilla of Green Gables, a novel by Sarah McCoy, that one of you dear people mentioned in a recent post.

Thanks for coming by,



Granny M.

17 comments:

  1. So nice to see pictures of you and your family. : )
    That hanging thing is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thing your youngest son got you...great photos here. I am going to have to check out that book. See if our library has it. Just hope I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try the peanut butter candy next year. The best thing was to have your family there. Merry Christmas. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of you all. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas together. Precious memories to hold close. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear that you enjoyed a nice Christmas with your family. I enjoyed seeing the photos of your family (or at least some of your family:). As the mother of sons, I especially enjoyed the one of your sons in the kitchen. That hanging thing is pretty and I imagine very cool in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys look great! Glad you had a good Christmas, and it's great that your boys know how to make treats! Way to train them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing those lovely pics of all of you together! You'll have to send G & J over this way to make peanut butter balls for me too - interesting how you still make this recipe that you got from me so many years ago and I don't make them anymore (too much work!).
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you here! Lovely wall hanging and beautiful family! 🥰❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when the guys take over the kitchen! I enjoyed all of your pictures of both your family and your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved seeing you and your beautiful family as well as glimpses of your home. How fun that your boys decided to make those rice krispies themselves. Sometimes tradition is just not allowed to be broken. :-) That's how our kids feel too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice family photo. I love the one with your son as the background looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so good to meet your family, even if it is in pictures!! Looks like a Merry Christmas was had by all, and absolutely let those boys take over the rice krispies treat!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are lovely family pics! Looks like you had a sweet Christmas. I'd call that gift a wind chime perhaps? It's lovely. Our visiting family are now leaving, and soon Adam and I will be back to our quiet, normal life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to see you with your family. And I do like the idea of "favorite cookie? You make it!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let me know how you like Marilla of Green Gables! I'm always a bit suspicious of "spin off" novels but I await your opinion.
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice photos of you and your family! Yes, now your sons can make those cookies each year!!It is great to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun to have your kids bake! I enjoyed seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete