Friday 14 February 2020

Happy Valentines Day!





Has it really been over a week since I last posted?  Where did the time go?  We've had a few days of sunshine and those days I puttered outside. So anxious for Spring to arrive. Rainy days seemed full of things to do indoors.

I did quite a bit of reading and I'm happy to say that I no longer have a stack of unread books. It's been such a long time since that last happened.

Being Valentines Day I thought I'd make one of DH's favourite pies which is pecan. I had enough dough and filling to make some tarts to which I also added some chocolate chips.  He doesn't really like the choc.chips in there so now we've both got what we want.




When we went to do our usual Friday morning grocery shopping I bought 2 more Primroses. A girl has to have flowers on this special day, right?The yellow and the red ones are the ones I picked up this morning while the white Hyacinth is one I think I got 2 weeks ago and had just about given up on it blooming when lo and behold it had a big bud which now opened.
As you can see my red Amaryllis is also blooming. I can pretend Spring is here at least in the sunroom.

Today is  my middle son's birthday. Yes, he was my Valentine in 1974.  Maria over at A Simple Cottage also had a Valentine baby. I think she must be a new blogger so if you feel inclined to visit her I think it would be an encouragement to her.

Thanks for visiting today,


Granny Marigold



21 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your valentine baby. I like your sun room and all the plants in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a pecan pie lover too, never had it with chocolate chips. Your flowers are lovely. I've tried primroses but they always die on me, yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to visit Simple Cottage and I couldn't find it :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi, if you go down the comments to the one Maria left you can click on her name and arrive at her blog.

      Delete
  4. I hope hubby liked his pecan pie :) It looks delicious.
    Your sunroom is so pretty with those flowers, and I imagine the scent of the hyacinth is gorgeous too.
    My oldest son was also born in 1974, but in January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers.
    I'll NEVER finish reading my stack of books in my lifetime!! : )
    Happy Birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's day! I love all your flowers...they sure do add a lot to the dreary days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had a sunroom like yours, I would fill it up with brightly blooming plants! My hubby always wants a pie for every special occasion! Your special treats look oh-so-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted my red Amaryllis today too. Looks like you'll have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see some fine spring-flowers for Valentin-day in your room and fine cake!
    Here in Germany we also celebrate this day. Fine to get a baby today! 🌷🌻🌷 Sweet memories and always happiness!

    I heard in radio today, that St.Valentin lived around 500 after birth of Christ. He blessed young soldier-couples and made them married. So his day became the day of flowers, love and hearts and sweets :)

    Many greetings from the rainy Bavarian Forest from Dori

    🌷🌻🌷🌷🌻🌷🌷🌻🌷🌷🌻🌷

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a wonderful Valentine's Day! Your flowers are beautiful. I recieved a sweet little mini rose bush last night at Bible study. We're just having some vegetable soup that I made and some cheese bread. Nothing fancy. i've done a bit of cross-stitching after my morning errands along with some laundry. A fairly relaxing day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers look so lovely.
    I keep losing Maria! She has been posting for some years but often changes the name of her blog. I'll go and search for her now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pie looks delicious. I like chocolate too. My favorite is a chocolate pecan pie. The recipe I use makes three pies. You have such a bright pretty room for flowers. Must be why they do so good...of course it's your green thumb mostly. I am so ready for spring too. It's cold here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most of the books on my shelves are my un-read pile, lol. I've given up on ever finishing it. But it's fun to try! I LOVE pecan pie, yum! It sure does look spring-like in your sunroom. Happy birthday a little late to that boy of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi Sandi, It's so nice to meet you here. I hope you'll visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pie looked delicious, wish I lived nearby so I could call in for a slice. Spring has arrived in your sunroom, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pie looks very good! And beautiful flowers. I bought a lovely yellow primerose last week. After a few days I couldn't understand what had happened to the flowers, they were gone! Then I saw our cat jump up on the table and sniffing on the plant. And I remembered that the same thing happened last year, she ate the flowers! So if I want to keep the Primrose flowers I will have to put it out of reach for the cat when she is alone in the room :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot to say Congratulations on your Valentine son!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday to your son! How pretty your flowers are! The pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty flowers in your sunroom! Happy Birthday to you Valentine baby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your sun room is a cheerful "sight for sore eyes," as they say, in the doldrums of winter. We're expecting snow today, isn't that a surprise! Your pretty blooms are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete