Tuesday 4 February 2020

Teddy Bear Tuesday

If you don't much care for teddy bears you might want to skip this post because that's what it's all about today. If you've been reading my blog for a while you know I collect teddy bears ( as well as way too many other things!!) and this morning at the thrift store they had gotten in  what must have been someone's entire collection. I told myself I'd choose just two and the two on the right are the ones that I picked. My but it was a hard decision. The one with the brown hat had a partner all dressed in his best clothes. No doubt he'll miss his friend.  If he's there next week I may give in and buy him too.
I went around the house taking photos of some of my other bears. I think I've been collecting them for over 20 years.





This black teddy has crumbs on her head because she sits next to the table where we eat our meals when it's just the two of us. She sits right next to DH....just wanted to point that out.  *smile*







This last picture turned out dark but I'm leaving it here anyway. I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my furry friends.

Thanks for visiting and staying till the end of the post!!
If you collect aanything in particular I'd love to hear about it. And see pics too.

G.M.




16 comments:

  1. I love your teddy collection! When I was very young I had a teddy called James. For some reason I've always loved the name and I named my son James. I have just 2 teddies now. I have the NZ Beanie Baby sent from NZ as a wedding gift 22 years ago. I don't have the original James, but the other one is called James. I don't know what happened to original James :/ Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, they are so cute! I love their fancy clothes. Thanks for showing them to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable. I hope the other one is available when you go back, so he isn't lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collextion of teddies. I dont collect them but I do have two treasured eighty year old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute bears! I never collected them, but it is fun to admire other people's bear collections, and your collection is adorable. It was nice to read a happy, and fun post today. Perked me up during my winter blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing your sweet teddys and really like your two newest additions too. What a fun collection. At one time, many years ago, I collected salt and pepper shakers...but gave them all away at some point. Then collected Dept. 56 houses for Dickens Village and enjoyed that collection for many years and then split up my huge village and gave all those away. Not collecting anything these days....so I'll enjoy your collections!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet collection of Teddybears! I can understand, what you mean!! We have a lot of cosy animals in our house, also bears, and they all have their special soul! So I also mean. you should try to buy the second bear from the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some cute bears here! I used to collect roosters and chickens...and had over 100 items setting/hanging around. And I still have some, but some are put away. But that gives me an idea for a post if I can just remember!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this post! I have been feeling a bit (more than a bit) under the weather for a few days and this is the first thing that has really made me feel happy! I love seeing those sweet little bears tucked here and there on shelves, etc. I especially like the bears dressed in fancy little dresses. I wouldn't be able to stand knowing that I had separated that little bear from his partner! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have quite the collection! I've collected a variety of things of the years but have gotten rid of most of them. The teacups are the hardest to pare down but I will be tackling those too. I caught a peek of some Kate Morton novels hiding behind your teddy bears. I used to keep my favorite books (like Morton's) but those too have found new homes.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your collection with us. They are all very sweet but I think my favorites are the two that are having a tea party. I still have my teddy bear from when I was a child. In fact, I'm looking at him right now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet!!! I have a few but no room for more, though I have a bit more room for dishes LOL 🤔😘🥰😁💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  13. Years ago I collected teddy bears, although some were given away, I still have quite a few. And they still bring me joy, especially as I recall where I got them. Some are dressed, others aren't. Your teddies are adorable!



    ReplyDelete
  14. The new teddy with the fur muff is very elegant!! Do you remember my old teddy bear Cedric? I think I still have him somewhere!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your teddy bears are so cute. That one with the crumbs on his head made me smile.

    ReplyDelete