Mostly cloudy this morning. Perfect temperature for puttering outside. I was cutting down some flowers that had finished blooming and also pulling out some that had spread too aggressively. Namely Love-in-a-Mist ( Nigella). Of course I left some but pulled lots out and was on my way to the green bin ( I won't take the chance of putting them in our compost because of all the seeds!) when I saw how pretty a bunch they were. So in they came!
Took some pictures while I walked around the garden. There are 3 Clematis growing against the porch all are shades of purple. Hollyhocks grow on the left and also on the right of them.
On the left,behind the tall Daisies, you can just get a glimpse of the white Clematis.
We had to go to Walmart yesterday and I saw that they had marked all their outdoor plants 90% off. I had to be quick. ( DH was already in the store waiting for me) so I grabbed 3 pots, one of which was this pretty little yellow Lantana which will look much better after it gets used to its new spot. I could only carry the 3 (gallon) pots or I would have taken more!!
That is my day so far. I plan on getting some inside work done then look at old magazines on the porch. Thanks for coming by.
* * * * * * *

I love how you find treasures for your home and garden!
ReplyDeleteYour garden is so lovely. It has been so long since I looked at a Victorian magazine.
ReplyDeleteCathy
Beautiful photos. I love Victoria Magazine. ❤️ I really like the quote and illustration at the end of your post.
ReplyDeleteMy garden is bursting with Nigella which has walked all over the place. It's so pretty. I often include it with other flowers to make a pretty arrangement.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your lovely day, enjoy the porch. Best, Virginia
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers. I enjoy a nice ordinary day. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures from around your garden.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy weekend.
All the best Jan
Sounds to me like a really nice day.
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to work in the summer garden at putter speed and see what fades, what is just coming into bloom, and what is at its exuberant best.
ReplyDeleteI am always abit envious that your Walmart store discounts seasonal items such as plants and bulbs as ours in town does not - or else I am not there often enough to notice. Regardless, I am glad that you found some deals! Your clematis plants are beautiful. My one and only plant is struggling to survive after our hard winter and will likely not bloom for me this year.
ReplyDeleteEllabie
I love all your flowers, your yard must be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty flowers!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful, Happy vikend, Andreja!
ReplyDeleteYour garden is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI used to subscribe to Victoria when I worked at Laura Ashley. I recall it had beautiful photography. Even weeds can be beautiful! Our lake property had something called Septic Weed which had bright yellow blooms and looked similar to Pride of Barbados. It was everywhere, and lovely.
ReplyDeleteSimply puttering outside is one of the things I most miss, now that I'm in a wheelchair.
ReplyDeleteRescuing that Love-in-a-Mist for an indoor bouquet was such a wonderful idea because they look absolutely beautiful on your table! Your porch view with the purple clematis, hollyhocks, and tall daisies sounds like an absolute summertime dream to look at. Finding those outdoor plants for 90% off at Walmart is a legendary score, and that yellow lantana is going to thrive beautifully once it settles into its new home.
ReplyDeleteLove Vitoria magazine not easy to get there.
ReplyDeleteWe can’t go in the garden except for watering early mornings and late at night because of too much heat we can’t make barbecues or even stay outside it’s like you open an oven when you try to go out we had this weather for three long weeks!
The flowers are lovely and I especially like the clematis.
ReplyDeleteI love your garden... a true cottage style.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are lovely...especially the Hollyhocks. Those were my father-in-law's favorite flower.
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are so pretty! I enjoy seeing photos of your gardens. You have quite the green thumb!
ReplyDelete