Did you notice that Blueberries are one of the items to notice in July? It's definitely the season for them here in our area where there are a great number of blueberry farms. We ordered 40 lbs and they were delivered right to our house. Although we didn't know it at the time these berries were picked by the grandchildren of the owners of one of those many farms.The children pick and sell the berries and get to keep the money they earn. Incidentally, not all the berries were for us. They were shared with other family members. Next week we'll order some more.
All washed and ready for the freezer.
I baked a Peach Pie. I don't often bother with pie crust preferring to make the Impossible pies that make their own crust but since I did go to that bother I thought I'd take pictures as visible proof that I actually did it.
We prefer a crumb (streusel) topping.
The finished product!!
Next week we're in for some very warm days and no baking will be done. Nice to take advantage of a cool day to use the oven.
Thanks for coming by.


Lovely!
ReplyDeleteSadly there dont seem to be Blueberry growers here, so I have to buy small punnets from the supermarket!
ReplyDeleteDelicious pie! We went to pick some blueberries and (Rubus chamaemorus) cloudberries on Friday. I made a small pie out of the blueberries and my husband ate the (Rubus chamaemorus) cloudberries with vanilla ice cream.
ReplyDeleteThe peach pie looks yummy! Tammy brought us some peach cobbler a few days ago, it sure was good.
ReplyDeleteGosh I can smell that pie from here - looks amazing! One of the most fun "field trips" I took my kids on in the summer was to pick blueberries in King's Orchard. I can't remember how many pounds of berries we bought but by days' end they were washed and in the freezer and I used them all kinds of ways.
ReplyDeleteDear friend, I love the illustrations at the beginning and end of your post! Your peach pie looks scrumptious! I do love blueberries, and yours look delicious! Believe it or not, I have never baked a pie! And I will be 70 in October! I have baked meat, though...lamb, chicken, beef, pork, but never a pie!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a lovely week ahead!
Wow that's a lot of blueberries. Yummy.
ReplyDeleteThat peach pie is beautiful! We like the streusel topping as well.
ReplyDeleteMy mother in law made wonderful peach pies. I should make one for old time's sake. Your post is very pretty. A treat for the eyes.
ReplyDeleteI do like blueberries.
ReplyDeleteDid you know that National Blueberry Day takes place every year on 8 July in the United States, falling right in the middle of National Blueberry Month and the peak of the summer harvest.
All the best Jan
Now, you have my attention! I love blueberries (have never had a blueberry pie) and that peach pie. I probably could put that whole thing away in one sitting!
ReplyDeleteLovely blueberries
ReplyDeleteCathy
Have you considered a peach crumble? Fruit crumbles are a traditional dessert here; fruit layer with crumble topping (streusel). What could be simpler!
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot of blueberries! The peach pie looks amazing. I imagine it won't last very long.
ReplyDeleteAll those blueberries! What bounty! I am sure we will be seeing how you use them over the coming year.
ReplyDeleteThe pue looks delicious. I wish peaches weren't so pricey. Our trees frosted again this yrar, so no peaches. So sad 😔
The pie looks yummy. I eat blueberries every day but now I just buy them in bags already frozen. My days of picking and preserving are over, at least mostly.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! July is blueberry month, aren’t we just so fortunate?! Happy day, stay cool…best wishes, Virginia
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing those blueberry farms when we were out there!
ReplyDeleteThose blueberries look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteNice looking blueberries! I also think that peach pie looks yummy!
ReplyDelete