First Cosmos have begun to open. In the background are some ordinary ones but this one is a double.
First Morning Glories are also opening. Two colours so far.
First Gladiola to open. This one got a head start because it stayed in the ground over the winter and began to grow before the others.
Last but not least....the first ripe tomato. It's an Early Girl and big enough for both of our sandwiches.
Beside it I put some of the Midnight Snack which I regret getting. It's next to impossible to know when they're ripe. But they do look nice.
It's very hot again today and it is forecast to be even hotter tomorrow. We have our A/C going and the house is quite bearable. Going outside is like hitting a wall of heat as I'm sure many of you are experiencing too. Keep Calm....Fall is Coming.
Thanks for visiting.

Beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous photos of your firsts!
ReplyDeleteOh the blooms are so pretty. Wow a tomato. Looks great. Our tomatoes are all green yet but we should have some red ones one of these days.
ReplyDeleteLove seeing your garden begin to produce. Mine is just starting, too 🥰
ReplyDeleteYou haven't been posting much lately. I hope you're okay.
DeleteWonderful flowers, but you made my day with beautiful Gladiolus, my favorite, I adore them so much and sadly I only see them online now.
ReplyDeleteHugs and kisses for you, Andreja!
The flowers are so pretty, and there's nothing like a home grown tomato!! I am so ready for fall, it's still a ways off for us.
ReplyDeleteNo no no no! Don't wish away the seasons!
ReplyDeleteYour first flowers and fruits are beautiful.
The first tomato, wonderful! It's really cold here! I had to turn on the heating and put on a long-sleeved shirt. Well, now the weather is promised to be a little warmer.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers. And the tomato looks delish. As hot as it is, I'm not ready for cooler weather yet. Maybe because it feels like we had such a long winter?
ReplyDeletePicked my first tomato yesterday!
ReplyDeleteI opened the back door today and immediately thought NOPE. Looks like I will catch up on my reading and enjoy the view from inside the house. (:
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers, that gladiola is spectacular !! How lovely to have some home grown tomatoes, you sure have a green thumb! Keep cool, summer is heating up, thank Heaven for AC!
ReplyDeleteBest, Virginia
Oh yes!! Without A/C I wouldn't be able to sleep and that's for sure. Have a happy Thursday!
DeleteThe flowers are so pretty! I am so excited to have a few cosmos in the garden that look like they might bloom soon. I have no luck with flower seeds.
ReplyDeleteHey there Henny Penny, You haven't posted for such a long time. I hope you're doing okay. ((hugs))
DeleteI love your pretty flowers. and that tomato... oh yum. there's nothing like a fresh tomato!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful firsts.
ReplyDelete... and I'm already looking forward to cooler Autumn days.
All the best Jan
Yesterday was our hottest and most humid so far this year, so everyone was a little wilted around here! Your flowers seem to enjoy the weather, though. I'm glad it's cooler indoors for you.
ReplyDeleteI totally understand that wall of heat. Your flowers are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary, You haven't been posting for some time. I hope you're okay.
Deletewow....your cosmos, morning glories and glads are gorgeous. HNow I love those flowers! That tomato looks good too.
ReplyDelete