Tuesday, 14 July 2026

Sweet Peas

 It's 30C again but amazingly I haven't even had to turn on any A/C. Must be because the humidity is so low ( 31%)  With the hot weather I think the Sweet Peas will soon be on the way out.  I picked a bunch, mixed perennial and annual. The perennial have no scent but are so robust. There;s a light pink one that escaped and is growing horizontally over the whole back garden. You can spot it in the bouquet.  The ones I sowed from seed in Spring are a mix of dark navy and also navy/white streaked.  After a slow start they flourished.

 



 The Morning Glories which grow on the North side of the arbour that they share with Sweet Peas are being ever so poky. I may have to give them some fertilizer but I'm afraid that then they'll just grow leaves and it's blooms I'm wanting.

I know many say that hot summer days are not soup days but around here we like soup all year around. I made a Vegetable soup and added a can of black beans. There's enough for 2 suppers. It's always a relief to have supper made .We'll have it with the last of the peach pie ( and ice cream). 
What are you having tonight?

 

Thanks for dropping by.

 

 

 

20 comments:

  1. Today's meals are all put of kilter as we have the dentist at lunchtime. No idea of what we'll eat or when!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quite as lovely as a bunch of sweet peas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sweet Peas are gorgeous. That's one thing my husband has a problem getting to grow here. We both enjoy their beauty and hopefully next year we will have better success. Peach pie and ice cream sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, summer is definitely soup season with all the fresh veggies from the garden. And it is always a relief to have leftovers so that it takes care of another meal or two. Your sweet peas are enviable...it is something I cannot seem to grow with any success.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I have never had luck with sweetpeas. I think it gets too hot too fast here.
    Lucky tbat you need no AC yet. Ours run almost nonstop now, just too miserable to do anything without them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweet peas are such a beautiful color and look pretty sitting on your doily. Morning Glories are in my favorite color purple. We eat soup all year as well. Tonight we are having Trader Joe's ravioli with hubby's homemade sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sweet peas.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blooms. We had Mexican Beef Skillet. We eat soup all year round too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sweet peas are lovely : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen sweet pea in years. They are so sweet.
    We had a quick pasta dish for dinner last night.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet potatoes and ham on our menu tonight, with a cup of ice cream for dessert. Love the sweet peas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are beautiful, as usual. I love soup ! We had cool sandwiches for an early dinner. Have a happy day, stay cool and thanks for the visit, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sweet pea bouquet must look gorgeous on your table, especially those cool navy-streaked ones you grew from seed! I completely agree that soup is a year-round food, especially when followed by peach pie with ice cream. For the morning glories, maybe try a low-nitrogen, high-phosphorus fertilizer; that usually coaxes out blooms rather than just leaves. Since you asked, dinner tonight is some fresh pesto pasta. Enjoy your cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are always so lovely. I love your peach pie and blueberries too. Been hot here for the past week and now we are getting smoke in the air from fires north of us. Hope it doesn't hang around too long. take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. our sweet peas are absolutely beautiful — that bouquet looks like summer gathered up in your hands. The mix of perennial and annual blooms is so pretty, and I love the story of that pale pink one wandering across the back garden. The navy and streaked varieties you started from seed turned out wonderfully too.

    Your vegetable soup sounds perfect for a hot day, especially with black beans added in, and pairing it with peach pie and ice cream makes supper feel extra comforting. It really is such a relief when the evening meal is already taken care of.

    Thank you for sharing these gentle moments from your day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet Peas are my favorite flowers. I love their scent and cheerfulness. Sadly, my have all wilted, this heat is not for everyone. Stay cool!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice, greetings from Croatia.LP

    ReplyDelete