Tuesday 12 February 2019

This and That


I had an old train case for many years and I used it to store craft supplies but didn't have it displayed because the colour didn't  seem to fit anywhere. ( I forgot to take a picture of mine before it got painted but this one off the internet is almost identical except it  has 2 closures and mine has just one).



My oldest daughter ( who is very good at various crafts) painted it and even lined the lid with pretty paper. My job was getting residual paint off the hinges and lock. You can see I didn't do a good job.



For now it is filled with Spring-ish bunnies.  I haven't decided just where I will put it next.


First course at supper last night was corn and cheese souffle.  It had been many years since I'd made a souffle but I found a simple recipe on-line.  ( Those ramekins sure are handy!!)


                       By the time I had them on the table they were starting to fall.



Two more Amaryllis are blooming. The one on the left is one that bloomed last year and I successfully coaxed out of dormancy  at the beginning of this year. The striped one is from a bulb I bought marked down at Walmart after Christmas. It only has the one stalk but that stalk has 5 or 6 fat buds.



You can see in the background our snowy back yard. All local schools were cancelled today. More snow is in the forecast so we're not done with winter just yet.

I hope you're all having a great week!  Thanks for coming by,


        Granny Marigold

14 comments:

  1. Your Amaryllis is so beautiful! I have a suitcase similar to yours up in the attic. Yours turned out beautiful! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty things and yummy food are just the thing for these cold winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great redo on the luggage! You sure have a way with plants! Stay warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the suitcase. What a transformation! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an old train case like the blue one, except mine also has just one latch, oh, and the one I have is gold. Mama had one too and used it all the time for carrying her make up and toiletries. Even out of style, that was her favorite little suitcase. Those big red blooms against that snowy background are beautiful. I was just looking back at your last post and your sun room. That is such a warm cozy place to sit during the winter. I LOVE your sun room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the luggage cases, very cute. Lovely to see your snowy view from your window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all that snow out your window! We will be about 60 degrees today, but quite windy. Might get outside.
    Your case looks so cute - perfect for display.
    I did make the quiche recipe you posted recently, and it was absolute perfection. In fact, I think I'll make it again for lunch today. I ate half for supper one night and the other half for lunch the next day. I put onion and broccoli in mine. What a great recipe! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful case and a wonderful makeover. The brightness of the Amaryllis against the snow makes for an amazing photo, a real joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The old train case turned out beautiful. Great idea.
    more snow here as well today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been a long time since I've heard the words "train case" and I loved it! Seeing the picture you posted from the internet brought to mind the one that Mother had only hers was green. Your daughter is quite talented...she did an amazing job with the painting and lining. It looks brand new. Love it filled with bunnies. :)

    And those Amaryllis are just gorgeous! You have a green thumb indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We also had/have? (not sure if it is still here somewhere) that blue train case with one lock. It was used to store David's toy cars. That is a lovely makeover on the case. Your amaryllis are beautiful! Enjoying today's sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely transformation on your train case! So pretty. Your amaryllis is lovely, such a bright spot. I have never made a souffle...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Valentine's Day, sweet GM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how the suitcase turned out. How adorable. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete