Tuesday 5 February 2019

Mostly Pink



For those of you that follow Connie's wonderfully inspiring blog Crafty Home Cottage you probably remember a few weeks ago she introduced a new-to-her blogger Lisa, whose blog Fresh Vintage by Lisa has some great ideas. I don't try many crafts because I'm often disappointed in my results but I did try this Valentine banner that Lisa featured.  I was able to find the gifts bags and follow instructions for cutting out the V's BUT I cut too far "up" resulting in part of the design being cut off. In any case I hung my banner and will enjoy it in its imperfection.   My but that was a long explanation. Sorry about that.


I made this pink printer's box a few years ago after seeing some on Pinterest. DH was kind enough to make me half a dozen so I could decorate them for the different seasons. My part really was just cutting pretty scrapbook paper to the right size and gluing them in.


       I assembled some pink things to make a little display in the sun  room.


Construction has begun on the house to the west of us. As you can see we have snow on the ground!  Also bone-chilling wind- chill temperatures ( at least for us they are quite out-of-the-ordinary winter temps.)
It looks like the house will be built as far back on the lot as possible. I don't think I've ever seen that done but maybe they like a huge lawn. Or maybe they will put down pavers and have no lawn at all. 


Wherever you live I hope you are keeping warm and as cozy as possible.

Thanks for visiting,   GM

14 comments:

  1. I like your pink touches, especially those sweet little shoes. While at the supermarket today I added some pink tulips to the cart. We are currently enjoying spring-like temperatures. Even have the window open a bit. It will be interesting to see why your new neighbor's built so far back on the lot. Hopefully you will find the final result pleasing. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely, your displays!!! Hope you are well today and having a peaceful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pink touches at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink decorations and banner look very delicate and lovely. I especially love your pink pedestal cake stand!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of pretty pink. That reminds me that I need to get out my few Valentine decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your banner is lovely! And those little pink shoes... love them... and I'm not a lover of pink! You are so lucky to be able to open your windows a bit... it got all the way up to 38 here today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your banner is quite lovely...I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe they are trying to be as far away from the road as possible?
    Your Valentine banner is cute. I've always wanted to make banners like that, but I haven't done it yet. They look so happy! Your decorations look great! Very springy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your pink in today's post. You did a great job on each of the things you tried! And I love your pink display...so spring-y looking!

    I mentioned you in my post today. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little display boxes are really cute! I think all of your little crafts and displays are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I almost forgot to mention...I think you were in one of my dreams last night! I remember seeing this little lady who looked like you and then I was explaining to someone that, "Hey, that's Granny Marigold! She's one of my blogging friends!" Ha ha! You've made quite an impression on me, I guess! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I just might have made an appearance in your dream. And thank you for your kind words about my crafty efforts.

      Delete
  12. I suppose when you live where it snows, people who want their houses back from the road have more snow to shovel themselves...

    ReplyDelete