Friday 22 February 2019

Flowers, Snow, and a Teddy Bear

Friday morning is grocery shopping time so having looked at the flyers I decided which store we'd go to. My decision was influenced by the fact that they advertised Primula 3 for $5. As you can see the pink one from last week is still blooming but the flowers are a faded pink with the few new blooms being brighter.  Eventually all will be transplanted outside.




Once we came home and put the groceries away we had a quick cup of tea before venturing out for our walk. The snow was falling lightly but by the time we came back 45 minutes later the snow was much heavier.  You can see our back yard and the neighbour's trees in the back all snowy.


This picture, taken from the west window in the sunroom shows the big hole where the new house will be going up.  The workers have not gotten very far due to all the snow.


I forgot to show you the Teddy Bear I got when I was at the thrift store earlier this week.  He's dressed for the cold weather although his little one is not. I may snip the thread that attaches the little guy  to the bigger one.  Or find him some tiny clothes. I like that the bear has a sturdy stand and also that he only cost two dollars.


Have a lovely weekend!!

Thanks for visiting,    G.M.

16 comments:

  1. Your flowers look so cheery! And the amaryllis look stunning against the backdrop of the snow! Love your new teddy bear!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are pretty...love the color. I still think the snow is pretty, but am ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I see. You go to the store that has good deals on flowers and groceries are secondary! :) Ha ha! Nice bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute bear (the big one). Love the clothes. I think the little bear is meant to be the big one's teddy bear, rather than his child, so may be why he has no clothes? If that even makes sense, lol. I was at the thrift store this morning (50% off) and had planned to go to the other one just down the road, but since the snow was very heavy and the main road was white I headed straight home and was glad I did. I was in the car, which does not have snow tires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what pretty pictures! such nice flowers! and your amaryllis!!! beautiful!! that is going to be a big house! That teddy bear is cute! I bet you could make some cute clothes for the little bear! The little bear's tie matches the big bear's hat and pants! super cute! My Husband came home with 3 plants... his place of work has beautiful flower displays that change weekly and the plants at the end of the week (or cute flowers) can be taken by those who want them... so... new plants for us! He carries them all the way home on the train to bring me flowers. Super sweet eh? :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Flowers sure do brighten things up when it is cold! Cute Teddy Bear! Stay warm. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your planter and all your plants, so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new addition, the Teddy Bear all dressed ready for the cold. What a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Primroses are lovely, so fun to see flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe your amaryllis! Beautiful against the snowy outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, that teddy bear and his baby sure are cute and what a great price! I smiled when I read what influenced your choice of which grocery store to visit :). Good choice and the flowers are so cheery. Your amaryllis are also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute bears and a great price, and those flowers are colorful. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved everything about this post...especially the colorful Primose that you have...they look so pretty in the container you've set them in. The off white really shows up their colors. The Amarylis...well, you know how I feel about those. Just gorgeous! The Teddy Bear is adorable too! That is a very nice stand it is on, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What cute bears! And what a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw! The little one is so fuzzy!
    You really are having a winter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flowers, snow, bears, all beautiful. How great that you still got to take a walk. I'm glad for what Karen said about the teddy's teddy bear. It's good that the "real" teddy bear is properly dressed. They say clothing is everything, in weather!!

    ReplyDelete