Tuesday 15 March 2016

This and That

I found this lovely quilted Easter/Spring table topper at the thrift store.  It had a sign that said it was hand made and it certainly is well made. You can't see it but it has shiny threads throughout.


You know how much I like my Teddy bears and they in turn like new clothes from time to time. This pair was lucky because I found two nice things on the dollar rack. The green dress would have looked much better if I'd have taken the time to put the bear on a stand. The dress is actually quite cute. It has a darling ruffles on the skirt.



The pink sweater is adorable.  Look at the cute ribbons and embroidery.


My turn to make supper for the six of us. Since we won't be eating together on St. Patrick's Day we're having green food today.  Pea soup, fresh bread ( not green), lime jello and chocolate cupcakes with green icing. I didn't ice all of them since the rest will go into the freezer.


I keep my cupcake papers and trimmettes in this box. Sorry the photo is dark. I seem to have trouble with dark pics.



I hope you've had a pleasant Tuesday. Thanks for visiting today.

Granny Marigold

7 comments:

  1. You found wonderful spring stuff! So cheerful, GM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you having fun! Baby clothes for bears. A very pretty table topper. and green food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty little quilt, perfect for St. Paddy's day and Easter! It hurts me to think of all the work that went into it, and the few dollars that it was sold for.
    Yesterday after my mammogram I stopped in at MCC (my reward:)) I was looking through the frames, and there were some there with baby, children and family pictures still in them. That made me feel so sad too. Kind of like someone didn't even care enough to take the pictures out of the frames.
    Such cute clothes for the bears, lucky bruins;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table topper... great find! Your bears are very well dressed. We will have four of our grands for St. Pat's so I'll need to think on some green food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely table topper what a great find:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table topper, what a great find. The bears certainly made me smile. Cupcakes is such a great go to, impressive icing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Beautiful table cloth that you found and your little bunnies look darling in their new Easter clothes! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Nancy

    ReplyDelete