Wednesday 9 March 2016

Wistful Wednesday

I was reading Far Side's Wistful Wednesday post and I thought I'd take her idea and do likewise because often I'm at a loss what to blog about. Incidentally, her Farm Diary post is very interesting. Let's see if mine will be. It will be wistful because in these photos I am so young. Not much more than 30.


       DH ... one of the few pics of him with no beard. Here he is with the oldest three kids.


              The kids and one of the various cats we've had. I think this was Minou. Looks like one last      hug before bedtime.  Those wild slipper my son is wearing were knitted by a neighbour. She had a wool shop and knitted slippers when she wasn't waiting on customers. Her slippers were so thick and warm ( and very colourful).



 This picture is very dark but it shows my garden shed the way it was when we moved here 38 years ago.

 This Queen Elizabeth rose has been moved a few times in the last 30 some years but still blooms every summer.

Once again, thanks for visiting. I hope you've had some sunshine today ( we are having rain again. lots of rain.)  Maybe the sun will shine tomorrow. 
Ever hopeful,  Granny Marigold

13 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I love looking through old pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does seeing you as a young woman make you feel. While I enjoy looking at old photos, seeing myself as a young mother makes we a bit wistful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so right you are! Everyone says where have the years gone, but it's true. Inside I'm still a young woman but looking in the mirror tells me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing your photos! Cute kids!! That is one beautiful rose:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to browse through old photos for a trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your old photos! The years go by so quickly.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing these pictures of you and your family. How pretty you were...and still are, I'm sure. I feel the same way when I see pictures of myself when I was young. Where do the years go! My sister was telling me yesterday that she loves your blog. For some unknown reason she can't leave comments, and has never left a comment on one of my posts. She uses an ipad. (I don't even know how to spell ipad). :) Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. I'm thrilled that your sister reads my blog.

      Delete
  8. Lovely photos...Ive been looking through mine too.. So many memories.
    Btw...that rose bush is absolutely gorgeous!!
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom used to sew pj's for the kids and stuff the pockets full of candy. Your oldest son used to call her "grandma sweetie pie" I'm not sure if the ones he's wearing are from her or not but your pictures bring back such precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Mom sewed those PJ's. If I remember correctly the pattern was cowboys and he loved those jammies. I'm quite sure she sewed the nightgown that S is wearing as well. In fact, the kids probably never had "store bought" night wear all the years they were growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade flannelette pajamas were the best! So warm and comfy.

      Delete
  11. Goodness, talk about a walk down memory lane. Love the photos! Makes me feel very nostalgic to see them.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete