Tuesday 27 September 2016

A Short Post


Our weather continues to be lovely and I find I am outside for a large part of my day. I keep busy but I move slowly and at the end of the day I can't see that I've accomplished a lot but I do enjoy being outside.  Actually, puttering about is what I like to do.


We did go for a pleasant drive in the country trying to find roads where there was little traffic ( not easy to find).  We did come upon this little stand by the side of the road and I  bought some grapes, Asian pears ( I think that's what they're called) and the last 4 of the gourds there.  I should have bought the bag of "Heritage" apples. They are on the bottom shelf in front. I'm curious what a Heritage apple tastes like.


That, my friends, is my very short post.

Thanks for visiting,

Granny Marigold


8 comments:

  1. Hi! I had two Asian Pear trees growing in the yard of the home we sold. They were shaped more like apples and tasted good. Seems like I don't accomplish much of anything either but enjoy your nice weather while you can! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good way to spend these early autumn days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great outing, I love to stop at those type of stalls. I find myself puttering in these wonderful early days of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having perfect Fall weather here too G.M. I plan on visiting a farm stand today and see what is available. I am on the hunt for more gourds!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puttering about, that's what I love to do outside too and I always seem to find plenty to do once I get out there. What a cute little fruit stand. Looks like something I would love to have except I would not have anything worth selling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi GM! Taking a drive and stopping at a roadside stand is very hygge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a lot of puttering too, which doesn't accomplish much sometimes! Sounds like a nice little drive. I can think of two roadside stands out our way that might interest you. One on the east side of Satchell, south of McTavish. And then on a bigger scale, on Bradner Rd also on the east side and south of McTavish. Gardside's Farm it is called http://garsidesfarm.com/ I have bought fruit from both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way especially outside, it never seems to show until after many days. It is Apple time !! I have some special apples in the Fridge from my niece in North Dakota...next week an apple crisp! :)

    ReplyDelete