Thursday 18 July 2019

Morning Walk


Our resident pair of Eagles managed to successfully raise a baby this year.  He can't really fly yet but he's seen exercising his wings in preparation for flying!!  I saw him but these pics were taken by my DIL.



As I have posted before, the lake is very overgrown by water lilies. The city has begun uprooting them with this odd paddleboat contraption. It rips them up so they hopefully die.  Don't worry, lots will have been missed and will clog the lake again next year!




                                       A gaggle of geese.


When I got back home I took a couple of pictures of the front flowerbeds which we knew very well was on city property but chose to make anyway ( many many years ago). Even the fence is over the line and may have to go because the city wants to put in some sort of big box for the new house next door which will have underground electrical services.  The excavator will be coming next week so we have until then to move the plants!!!



These pics will be my "before"  and I'll take the "after" photos once it's all done.


Thanks for visiting today.  GM


18 comments:

  1. What a shame to have to move those plants, they look so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is going to be a big job. It's too bad you have to move them, they are very pretty and much more appealing that a big box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if you knew you were "squatting" you knew it was temporary - It's nice you were beautifying the area while it wasn't needed for anything else :-) Are those Shasta daisies I see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Shasta Daisies spread so much that I'm going to have to divide this clump when we dig it out, and see if I can find someone to give the other half to.

      Delete
  4. Lots of work ahead of you! That eagle baby is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you would think they would leave such beauty alone!

    I told Roger it has been ages since we seen an eagle. Also, we are not seeing very many hawks. We went at least a couple months without seeing a single one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's too bad about your plants!! Hopefully the box won't be too obtrusive or block your roadside parking spots.
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. How discouraging to know that in place of your lovely flower bed, you'll have some big box! And alot of work to do too. I hope your lovely clematis and other plants will survive the move! How about the shrubbery? Will that also have to go?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that is so neat... I have never seen a baby bald eagle! I wish you all the best with the flower moving! I hope that you have some good help doing it and that it is not too hot where you are! a big HUG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is a shame. Your pretty flowers look so much nicer than some big old box will. At least you were given some notice before the demolition began.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your front flower bed and fence! I hope some of it will be spared. That's a real gift of beauty for anyone walking/driving by. The geese are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer you have to move the plants. Hopefully, you won't have to take down the fence. It's beautiful. Once the bother of the city is gone, I hope you replant some things there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I hate that you will have to move your flower bed. Bet it looks prettier than anything the city will put there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad the flowers have to be removed. They looks so nice there!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, my name is Sue, I found your blog from Happy One's blog, nice to meet you.Your flower beds are so lovely, I am so sorry they have to be removed.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I'm glad you came by. Please visit often!!

      Delete
  15. Oh my I hope they don't messs up your pretty garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing bird in your first picture. Love it.

    ReplyDelete