Friday 26 July 2019

What's new?

Did you notice that my blog list is back?  Thanks to my computer savvy DIL !!! 

Let's see, what's new around here?   A dear far away friend who knows I love Teddy Bears surprised me recently when she sent this adorable pair. It was like Christmas in July!!!



Another new thing is our washer. The old one had been getting very noisy but still seemed to work as well as it ever did ( which isn't saying much). Then it started leaking so we needed a new one. DS2  and his little family use it a lot more than we do ( we share laundry facilities)  so he chose it.I'm so happy this one has an agitator and hopefully will do a better job than the old one.  BTW, that scrub board hanging over the washer is the one my mom used many years ago.


We took a couple of large boxes to the thrift store today and I'm proud to say I came out with nothing but some books. No tea cups, no tea pots, just books.


I seem to have confused a few people with my last post.. My birthday isn't until next month but the 27,000 is the number of days I have lived so far. Well, actually today it would be 27,001.

Thanks for visiting and commenting so faithfully.

Granny M.



15 comments:

  1. I was not at all surprised that you left the thrift store with books but I was surprised that no teacups came home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? NO teacups from the thrift store?? Is this a first for you Granny?? X Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not a first but definitely a rare thing!

      Delete
  3. The bears are cute!
    I have a can just like the one with the red lid over your new washer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep clothespins in that tin as well as the box under the washboard. ( That old box still has the price on it. 29 cents!!!)

      Delete
  4. First congratulations on limiting yourself to books;) Now questions...you say your new washer has an agitator...did your old one not have one? I have heard that the ones WITHOUT an agitator take a lot longer to wash a load. And if you really like the new one, what brand is it? Mine makes noises sometimes till I think it is on its last leg, and I don't know what I will get next time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, our old washer didn't have an agitator. Seems there were a few years that most washers didn't have one but people soon noticed that their wash was not getting properly clean so agitators are back. As I mentioned in my post, our new one is a Frigidaire but it's too soon for me to say how efficient it is.

      Delete
  5. those bears are so darling! I hope the new machine works great! Fun books! I love thrifts stores... :) I hope you have a peaceful night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...the teddies are adorable. I just love Teddies... I dont think you ever get too old for them.
    Im off to the Thrift store on Monday.. books are the only thing on my list. You have some good ones there.
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some nice looking books! My daughter has a washer that looks like yours, but has no agitator. I still can't figure out how it get clothes clean in that big open tub, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bears are so cute, hat a wonderful surprise for you. The surprise for me was you not coming home with additions to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fine new washer! We bought a mini-washer this past year. It's about 1/2 the size, but it also has that window on the top. I really like it. Nice books too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, now the 27,000 days make sense! I'll save the "Happy Birthday" for next month then. // Such cute teddy bears!! // Those books look mighty interesting, especially "Daily Life at the Time of Jesus." // I bet there were teacups and saucers at the thrift shop that were truly disappointed that you didn't take them home with you. :) Blessings to you, G.M.! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could you tell me what brand and model # machine this is and how do you like it now that you have had it a little while????

    Mine started leaking today, and as it is old, I am looking at new ones. Oh, and how long is the cycle on this? I am finding horror stories about everyone I look at. And so many don't have an agitator and I so want one.

    I looked at front loaders but their cycles are all soooo long. Plus I am afraid of what I would get into with one..as far as drain, etc. Since Roger can no longer just do this stuff easy, it is hard to know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I somehow missed that you had told me it was a Frigidaire...still, thoughts on how you like it so far would be appreciated...

    ReplyDelete