Tuesday 6 August 2019

Teacup Tuesday

Another lovely morning followed by a very hot afternoon. I worked outside in the cooler part of the day then went to the thrift store to see what inexpensive treasures I could find.  Tuesday is also 30% off for seniors so it's the day to go.

This first teacup is an addition to my Japan collection. I love the scallops around the cup and the gold trim.


This cup with no saucer was also made in Japan. The outside is plain but the inside is hand painted.



This little set consists of a cup by Adderley and a small plate by Phoenix. I'm not a purist and it doesn't bother me to put the two together as a set. 


                   Another little gem, this one made by Colclough.


I did find one item that was not a teacup. This flower pot and saucer matches a couple of pots I already have and will fit in perfectly.


Now I'm going to go and find spots to put my finds.  Thanks for visiting today.


Granny M.

15 comments:

  1. I remember in times past when everyone seemed to have a set of "special" cups and saucers they brought out for afternoon tea when guests were invited. These days it seems to be the ubiquitous mug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some lovely tea cups! When the weather cools off, I might have to go thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your teacup Tuesdays...that is one thing I would collect if I had room. I so love all of these...those first two really caught my eye. At first it was the first one then when you showed the inside of the second cup...my heart was gone. But then I love the others too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds today!!
    30% off is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been working in the yard for a few hours in the cooler mornings too, and then staying out of the heat for the afternoons. that's how August works, right? More pretty finds for you collections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds today! Love the pot at the end!! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly do have a lovely collection of teacups. :-)

    Here in the Rocky Mountains our Thrift stores rarely have teacups sadly to say.

    Bless you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh those are lovely! I esp love the last one! Nice flower pot too! I love beautiful dishes!!! I am glad you do too!!! :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love the one with the violets. All of them are beautiful. I thought about you a few days ago. I walked in the Goodwill store and there were 4 pretty teacups and saucers. Each set was $5.00 so I didn't get them. Probably should have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always amazed at the beautiful tea cups you are able to find - your area must be a treasure trove of all things vintage! The last one that you have posted is the one that really caught my eye!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the teacups are just beautiful and I really like the little pot too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Teacup Tuesdays are so enjoyable and filled with such pretty treasures! And that includes the flower pot. Like Debbie has said, my area thrift shops rarely have teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite would be the first one. Very unusual! Hope you had fun finding them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I especially like the one painted inside can you imagine how that was done...what an artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful finds! I'm amazed that your thrift store continuously has such pretty cup/saucer sets. They are all lovely, esp. the violets. And the pot is unusual - oval shaped. I like that.

    ReplyDelete