Thursday 26 September 2019

Spring Bulbs and a Sign

Yesterday we went looking for bulbs to plant for next Spring.  We had so many to choose from, each picture more lovely than the last.   I kind of knew which ones I wanted although there were some I didn't find.




The ones in the brown paper bags were from the open bins.  In the picture below there are 2 bags of Anemone Blanda also known as Grecian Windflower.  I love those tiny gems that come back faithfully each year ( as opposed to tulips that don't,  at least not for me). I bought tulips anyway and will enjoy them for a year or two before they fade away never to be seen again. I found some black ones called Queen of the Night. How I hope they do well!!!







Tomorrow is grocery shopping day and every week  on our way to the store we pass this Beauty Salon with the most unlikely name.   Last week I finally remembered to take a picture.








I hope you're having a good day!!    Thanks for coming by.          

   Granny Marigold



8 comments:

  1. We are awaiting our bulb order from the Skagit Valley. The ground is ready for them, and last year's bulbs are ready to go to the Whidbey Island garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ....love looking at all those bulbs! You really bought black tulips? If they come up next year, please take a picture....I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I longingly looked at the bulbs but don't know where I would plant them. I wonder if I could grow some in pots. Your yard will look beautiful next spring! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do wonder about that salon! Hopefully your black tulips will prosper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glorious additions will be ablaze of colour come the Spring. I love the sound of the black tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of beautiful flowers will be popping up in spring!!
    I'd like to get some bulbs planted too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, isn't it hard to not come home with too many bulbs! I really have trouble limiting myself and I have a small yard, and am not that good at getting down and working in the dirt now anyway. I even wonder will I be capable of using a shovel. I have not tried since my accident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, don't think the name of the hair place is too inviting. Contagious is not a word I want to associate with hair care or other personal care. I wanted the combination of yellow and red tulips last year and ended up with red and a very anemic off-white, that has kinda scared me off buying tulip bulbs. I should try again.

    ReplyDelete