Monday 9 September 2019

Teacup Tuesday

I went a little crazy on Saturday. I saw this lot of assorted   teacups and misc. saucers  advertised by a local woman......for only $20.  They're all either Royal Albert of some other good name so I couldn't resist. I'm pleased to tell you that today I rearranged my shelves and now the teacups are displayed. The saucers I've put aside in case I ever find their matching cups.
(The Old Country Roses small plate with the hole in the middle is all that was left of her three-tiered cake stand. )



Although this particular Royal Albert set is not my cup of tea it is very old and I've been trying to find out more about it. The seller said it was made somewhere between 1927 and 1935.


I had a lovely outing with GD Kate this morning. She has a few days off this week so off we went shopping ( at Costco since she has a membership and I don't).   Came home, had tea, then she left and I did the usual Monday laundry.  It was a cool day with a few showers. Not much rain at all. Over the weekend we had quite the storm with lightning and thunder such as we don't often get. But again, not much rain. One of these days we'll have our own version of monsoons and  no doubt I'll be complaining that it's raining AGAIN.

Thanks for visiting,

           Granny Marigold




 

10 comments:

  1. You can have some of our rain! Somehow, I thought folks up in your area lived in a tropical rain forest area -- just below you in Washington/Oregon. Maybe it's drier where you are?
    Gorgeous cups/saucers!!! What a find! GM, to be very honest, I often read your blog and wonder to myself, "Goodness!! Where does she PUT them all?" Because a cup with its saucer actually takes up a lot of space, you know? They are one of the most beautiful things in the world though. I really like that last one in the photo. I like the blue trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the first and third set...and of the saucers, I so would love to see the cup that goes with the first saucer in the top row. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great deal. Oh I like the last one. Not as delicate but I like the bold colors and I like how it is lined in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know that I am loving all those beautiful tea cups!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice. My mom once had one of them. Wit the dark purple flowers. Nice to see it on your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too like that last cup and saucer. Very bright and vibrant. At MCC in the back room on Monday I think it was, they had a perfect shelf for you for displaying your cups. I thought about buying it, but didn't. We have had quite a bit of rain here. We do seem to catch the rainclouds on this ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucked out with a nice group of cups. I actually like that last cup, but to each his own! Phil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm rather fond of the one you say isn't your cup of tea! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, what a lot of awesome teacup and saucer loot you found! Beautiful! You make me want to add to my meager two-teacup and three-saucer collection! I used to have several . . . and then the ex happened. But I really love that flowered, blue-edged cup and saucer. ♥ Oh! And that yellow-flowered is stunning! ♥ We are wishing for rain around our area. The quick thunderstorms just don't give us much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a find! I'm still holding on to all my tea party things in hopes of using some of them for a tea party - someday!! I wonder if the thrift stores in my area are getting some teacups in... in the past I haven't noticed many, or they were really expensive.

    ReplyDelete