Wednesday 6 January 2021

Birthday

 

 It's our oldest son's birthday today.  In this picture, taken 47 years ago, he turned 4 and I was 8 months pregnant with son#2. That's daughter Sheila gazing at the cake.  I can't remember if she was in kindergarten or grade one.


 Today we finally had a day with no rain and youngest son came over to cut down last year's Hellebore foliage.  They are showing some nice new growth. While he worked on that I started digging out Chickweed. The ground is so wet that it hardly made sense to be digging it out but if I don't it will bloom and set seed.   That's a weed I battle with 10 months of the year.

Another day with no rain tomorrow then back to rain on Friday. We've had 70mm of rain so far this month!  Oh well, at least it's not snow. 

Thanks for coming by,  G.M.



10 comments:

  1. My hellebores are beginning to flower now. I always look forward to their colours in a drab landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S nice that you shared your old photo, so nice to look back on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have turned six the previous November, so that would have put me in grade 1. Also, you do NOT look 8 months pregnant!!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I missed this yesterday...I usually check your blog earlier than now. Happy Belated birthday to your son. Love the picture included.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your son. You certainly don't look 8 months pregnant. Lucky you. I was huge at 8 months! :-). I'm so glad you have help from your boys to do the heavy work for you. We've had lots and lots of rain too, but better rain than snow in my opinion.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are liking the clear sky days, but unfortunately going outside is not an option for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture, old pictures are sweet treasures. Happy Birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful flashback!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely memories! happy birthday to your oldest! What a blessing to have such happy memories!

    ReplyDelete