Thursday 28 January 2021

Decorating, Thrifting and a Full Moon

 I can't believe it's been a week since I posted anything. Not that much has been happening. I did a bit of decorating with Valentine's Day in mind. It was just a matter of putting out the things I used in past years. My sweet Scottie dog looks like a black blob but he's actually really cute.  The roses are of course not real ones.

We went to drop off yet another box of things I had sorted out and decided not to keep. I did a quick look around and found this lovely quilted bag. I have a weakness for quilted bags and this one was only $3.  I think of the work it was to make. It's fully lined too. I did decide that I should get rid of 2 of the bags I already had. One was leather and quite stiff (probably not good quality leather) and the other had turtles all over it and was claimed by M who thought it was cute.
 


 Tonight is the first full moon of 2021. It is apparently called the Wolf Moon.  I saw it last night when it was almost perfectly round. I hope the sky is clear enough so I'll be able to see it again tonight. According to the internet this is a powerful time for releasing what no longer serves you and harnessing that good lunar energy.  Sounds like I better keep decluttering and getting rid of more stuff that "no longer serves me".

Thanks for coming by,  G.M.

20 comments:

  1. Hi G.M. ...Yes, it is good to have a clear out and get rid of unwanted items - I'm near to doing the same. Have a great Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting about decluttering...it reminds me I need to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on a similar wavelength today! I am going to open up my "Spring" and "Easter" storage tubs and go through them. Local thrift stores that benefit charities are hurting for donations, and being able to display seasonal goodies helps their sales. I love your ribbon board display. The Wolf Moon was beautiful last night. It was my birthday and I got the moon as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated Birthday wishes!!! How lovely that you got a full moon just because.

      Delete
  4. I did not know it was a Wolf moon!
    But here it is also full moon and the saying is you have to have your hair cut to strength them...
    Like your bag
    ..
    Food weekend
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful notice board with the stunning vintage scraps, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little colorful paper pictures are cute too ... for Valentine's Day our bakeries have pink hearts, I'll buy them.
    The bag is beautiful, good business :-) Yes, it is a lot of work.
    I saw the full moon yesterday with a lot of joy :-))) OK, I'll take a look in my cupboards :-)
    Many Greetings from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time,that I heard about the "Wolf-Moon"!

    We have a great Saint here in Europe, called Wolfgang. I want to see this moon also as soon as possible, it's raining now. I also have the plan to release some things from my rucksack of life. Often we carry too much things with us,, we really do not need, also some heavy thoughts and feelings, we dont need and they dont bring good power.

    Thank you for this interesting post, dear Granny Marigold!

    Fine decorations always around you! I have written once in my diary: "I decorate my house, please, LORD, decorate my heart - -

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a darling bag. I finally got to the thrift store last week, and found a shirt that I have been wearing every day since!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "no longer serves me" I have a big job ahead of me! The Wolf Moon was a real beauty last night. There are lots of clouds tonight, but the moon is trying to peek through. I am inspired by your decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally get this! I went through stuff and gave things away also! Cute bag you found! :) Hope you have a good weekend! Glad to see your post here! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute bag! You find the cutest things:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the urge to do a major clear out as well. Purses and books. Both desperately hard to part with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of a Wolf Moon, that's interesting. We don't have wolves here, that I know of, but we have plenty of Coyotes. They are getting so brave they come into residential areas and will grab your small pets when they can. I wonder if Coyotes howl at the moon? I'm off to do some research, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I waited and waited to watch our full moon rise but the clouds were too much for it. However, we have a clear day today so it should look good tonight, even if I am a couple of days late.
    I love your Valentine display, it looks very romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely idea for Valentines day. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting about the Wolf moon. I have not heard about it before. You got a really nice quilted bag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a pretty quilted bag. Cloth bags are my favorite. Don't know why I've never tried making them. Your Valentine decorations are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete