Wednesday 7 February 2024

Seven Swans a Swimming

 

Just 3 degrees above freezing this morning. Sunrise was at 7:29 but we didn't see it because it was so cloudy.  Day length today 8 hrs 47 minutes.

There were 7 swans on the Mill Lake three of which were youngsters still in their gray stage.  I'm looking forward to the weekend when we'll try to see the 50 or so swans that have been seen at
Will band.

I'm trying to make my grocery list this morning. The on-line sale flyers are available on Wednesday (but the sales only begin Thursday). In any case I didn't see much to give me ideas what we will eat next week. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has that problem. As I've mentioned before the problem of meal-making is compounded by the fact that I am 98% vegetarian and my husband is not. Plus, I am a super fussy eater.

My flowers this week are Primroses. I put them out on the porch for night hoping to keep them looking pretty for as long as possible.



Not much else to write about today.  I will include one last picture.  Miss Kitty is not cooperating with my plan of feeding the birds.


Thanks for visiting



13 comments:

  1. Good Morning! I was expecting a picture of 7 swans a swimming! If we travel about an hour north of our home we won't see swans, but we will see fields filled with huge flocks of snow geese who come down from the Arctic to winter in our Skagit Valley. Your primroses are lovely. I hope they last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bird feeder appears to be for feeding birds to the cat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your are able to see lots of swans this weekend.
    Meal planning would be trickier with one vegetarian and one not. I have a red lentil soup simmering away right now. I'll be having that with an apple. Trying to be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Primroses! I hope you will have a long time with them - until next year again in your garden...

    Do you know the word:
    There are 3 important questions in our life: From where do I come? Where do I go? And: What shall I cook? :))

    Miss Kitty is too sweet :)))))) I cannot be angry against her :)))))


    ReplyDelete
  5. Seven swans a swimming! If you see six geese a laying tomorrow I'm going to wonder whats up! :-) I get so frustrated trying to think of new meals. We get stuck in a rut sometimes. Those primroses are so pretty. If I put flowers outside they would be dead by morning.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your primroses are just beautiful.....I do so love that color. Oh oh....I think I spy your kitty sitting in the bird feeder. Good grief Granny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The primroses are a beautiful colour. Meal planning is often a hassle. Once I decide what to make the cooking of it is the easy part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see 7 swans! But the birdhouses are also very beautiful, as well as the flowers! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of Miss Kitty in the bird feeder is so cute! But it definitely would hinder your plan of feeding the birds. The Primrose are beautiful and I really like the container you have them displayed in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The primrose is such a pretty flower. How nice you got to see the 7 swans!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The primroses are such a beautiful colour.
    Sometimes meal planning isn't always easy, but so worth doing!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice primrose colour. Miss Kitty is watching her meal 😆

    ReplyDelete