Friday 23 February 2024

Weather

 


 It has been a beautiful sunny day. Youngest son came to do some much-needed power washing. I walked around and looked at my flower beds but not much is happening so far.  The crocuses that are blooming are much smaller than they've been other years and the hellebores are looking very sparse. We didn't have a severe winter so I'm not sure why. 
On the subject of weather I was reading about how earth just experienced its hottest 12 months in recorded history.  January has already broken  temperature records, starting  2024 on-course to break global records set in 2023. Makes one wonder what kind of summer we're going to have.  Drought has been a problem these last years.

Tomorrow the Snow Moon will be shining in all her beauty. After today our forecast is for a solid week of rain/showers so chances of seeing the moon are not good. I did see it through a skylight last night and it was already 99% full.


Lovely orchid from one of my sons.


Thanks for visiting,  GM

16 comments:

  1. We loved the sun breaks too, and are not looking forward to the next week of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather does seem to be different. But, then, again... they haven't been keeping track of weather for that long a time so what are we to say about the hottest or the coldest. I don't like it hot, I don't like it cold so I wonder if I could find a place where it's always spring or Fall? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. We seem to have constant rain, I've forgotten what a sunny day is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have some garlic coming up, I do hope it doesn't get freezer burn like last year, it all died from the temperature variances. I think it is to early for it to be up, hope for the best and a harvest this year. Snow moon, I love all the moons. Doubtful it will be seen here in Ohio where I live, cloudy...but I will keep my eye open for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely orchid! I have tried growing them in the past but seem to be too generous with watering them. Maybe I'll try again sometime!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is changing that's for sure, but it's been doing that for all of time.
    Snowing here today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I see now the snow-fullnoon here!! On the top of the mountains we have snow! I made a painting last year about snow-fullmoon after reading your blogpost in 2023 and thought about now it in the evening! Many greetings to you from the Bavarian Forest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the orchids thanks for the post! Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warm temps here in Central Texas. Not much of a Winter.
    Love the orchid!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rain, rain and rain...I´m so tired of all rain now. Let's hope for some sunshine soon!
    Have a great Sunday and take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well here in Florida we really don't know to dress! LOL! It's been cold here in the mornings and after the sun goes down. We've had more rain that usual but mercy we prayed for rain for so long. Marty said we are never content and probably not. LOL! The pollen is so bad here that it's ridiculous. I've decided that I am a Spring and Fall kinda gal! I don't like humid hot weather nor cold weather. Never happy. I hope your week is wonderful to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw that beautiful moon, and meant to look it up to see if it was full, but I forgot. So I'm glad you told us about it :-)

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are having a LOT of rain! It does not stop. Some of the flowers in the garden have disappeared because of last summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The orchid is so pretty. It is one flower that I have not attempted to grow because of lighting not being the best here, but I do enjoy their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah the weather is just so unpredictable anymore. No more of what we think of as "normal". Pretty flower. I hope there aren't droughts, so hard on trees, grass etc. And people's drinking water supply.

    ReplyDelete