Friday 6 April 2018

A Short tale of a Cat and a Bird


I just had to share these pictures I took earlier this evening. We were sitting on the porch when we noticed a neighbour's cat on top of our bird's cage in the back yard.  I took the pics through the window and they're not perfectly clear but I was quite sure if I went outside to snap the pics the cat would take off. Which is what it did when M ran out hoping to pat it.
The bird's cage still has winter plastic partly wrapped around it. Doesn't look great but keeps the cold wind off her. I've posted before how this pigeon was found stunned probably after crashing into a window. She is very tame and is forever wanting to sit on DH's shoulder. ( She is let out to fly free when we're outside. Either DH or M can easily pick her up and put her back when we go indoors.)





Thanks for visiting.  It's always nice to read your comments.


Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. That poor kitty... he just wanted to play! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice thing you did, putting up a little house for the pigeon. I'm sure it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story about the pigeon, that is so great. Kitty looks quite comfortable up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well what immediately came to mind was 'setting the cat amongst the pigeons'.
    The cat has found a good view point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that the bird feels comfortable sitting on your husband's shoulder when he is outdoors. Definitely tame! And that cat knew better than try to mess with the bird. ~wink~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story! It is funny to see the cat sitting on top of the bird's house. Sounds like that little pigeon loves his home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the cat leaves the bird alone...I imagine they looked at each other. Pretty cat but IF I had a cat which I don't I would want mine to stay inside to protect the birds:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few cats that we see in our back yard. I wish their owners would keep them at home not only because of the birds but also because of the cat poop left in my flowerbeds.

      Delete
  8. That's so funny! I wonder if the cat knows she's in there? It's lovely that the bird is so tame and friendly with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh love it 😊
    beautiful cat..
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat that the bird is so friendly with you. Maybe it is a good thing she was in the cage while the cat was there. Have a good rest of the week! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if the bird knew that cat was sitting up there? Plastic is such a good way to keep out the winter chill!

    ReplyDelete