Friday 13 April 2018

What I did today


What I didn't do today was go for my walk. The rain is just coming down so hard I can't make myself go out there.

We did do the grocery shopping though and bought lots of veggies for the week.   For the first time in my life I bought Lemon grass hoping to make my own tea mixtures ( like MK does).  I have a large urn of different kinds of Thyme that winters through nicely and also some Mint. I'll keep you posted on how I fare!



I have this Basil plant growing in the sunroom within my reach as we have our meals there. I bought the plant then put it in a bigger pot when I got home and sowed some Basil seeds around the edges. Can you see them?  I love tomatoes and Basil. Add some Feta cheese and I don't even want any dressing on my salad. 




Something else I did this morning is to go to the library to pick up the DVD I requested . It's season one of the mystery Grantchester which MK enjoyed and mentioned on her blog.

Of course I had to look around at the books. These are just 3 of the ones I chose. I haven't read any of these authors before but have high hopes for good reading.





Lunch has been eaten and dishes cleared away. I have 4 hours before I start supper. My books are waiting beside me and I'm a happy woman.

Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment if you feel like it. Always nice to know who comes by.


Granny Marigold

14 comments:

  1. Your salad looks great lately I am craving Romaine and tomatoes and sometime I slice a bit of sharp white cheddar. Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm new to your blog. I discovered it through some other blogs I follow (Far Side of Fifty & Henny Penny). I've looked back though some of your posts and I love your blog! That is an interesting selection of books you got at the library today. I'll be interested in hearing about them, especially the "Hiding in the Bathroom" book as I tend to be something of a homebody, especially since I retired.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I hope you'll be back soon. Do you have a blog? I saw your profile but not any link to a blog.

      Delete
    2. No, I don't have a blog although I keep thinking about starting one. (I think I'm too chicken) I sure do enjoy following blogs - there are some real nice people in blogland!

      Delete
  3. Tomatoes and basil... a match made in heaven. I just planted some basil seeds in my garden this week and can't wait to see them pop out of the ground.
    How interesting to make tea out of lemon grass. I am trying to figure out who MK is. I've been away from blogging and feel rather out of the loop.
    I hope you will share your thoughts on the second book. That sounds right up my alley.
    Enjoy your weekend. I hope you are able to get out and walk again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. MK's blog is Through a Glss, Darkly ( see my side bar). She has all kinds of great ideas especially if you are a yarn person ( which I;m not unfortunately).

      Delete
  4. Those look like good reading. I esp. like the title of the Introvert's book - haha! That's me. I could stay home the rest of my life and be very happy :)
    The salad looks so good and fresh - bright colors. Good luck with the tea! I think we just stuck our lemongrass in a glass of water. Not sure if it had roots or whatever it had on the bottom. We were just trying to get it to last longer ... not turn into a garden plant, haha. But it sure did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I just came back from your blog and left a rather long comment. Do I understand that you got the lemon grass to grow into a plant? Because that would be amazing.

      Delete
  5. We didn't walk today either because we had a friends lunch to attend. I spent the morning making uiche for the lunch and then we spent four hours visiting. There was just time to make a quick stop at Costco before getting home in time for the news. Dinner was left overs. Tomorrow I will need to move more! Too much sitting today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect match basil and tomotoes, they make a great sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Your little basil salad looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should get the book about the introvert. I've always been that way, but it seems these last several months I'd much rather stay home than go somewhere.

    I love basil and tomatoes too...and I like them with fresh mozzerella cheese. Yummy!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so appetising, the red tomatoes, basil and feta, big yum from me xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make food look so delicious! I may have to make myself a little salad just like that one.

    ReplyDelete