Saturday 8 December 2018

Snickerdoodles




I don't think I've tried making Snickerdoodle cookies before this year. I saw the recipe on Karen's Kitchen ( Karen's blog--- Life is Good) and I made them a few weeks ago. They were delicious and disappeared fast. One of my sons suggested that I make them again and put a Rosebud chocolate in each, which I did when I made them yesterday. It worked fine except I added a little more flour than the recipe called for and the cookies are a little dry. Lesson learned... follow the recipe.  ( Those who know me are now grinning as I am famous for NOT following recipes).

The ingredient list on the Rosebud package makes it plain that they contain more than a few less-than-desirable ingredients.  I used them anyway. I suppose a plain old chunk of chocolate would also work.




The cookies have been sampled and declared delicious.  Thanks for posting that recipe, Karen.


Thanks for coming by,


Granny Marigold

6 comments:

  1. I am renowned for not following a recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, makes me want to get into the kitchen and bake! I am presuming you didn't roll them in cinnamon this time around?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen is a good cookie baker, I think. I do love Snickerdoodles. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a recipe follower either. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog mention. Glad you liked the cookies. Those cookies are a favorite around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had trouble with my snickerdoodles too! First the batter was too stiff so I added some milk...then it was too sticky so I added flour... and so on!! Tasted delicious though.
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete