Thursday 11 April 2019

A Teacup, Flowers, and a Birthday



Another lovely teacup joined my collection. I love the dainty scalloped edge of both the cup and the saucer as well as the "elf ear" handle.


Here's that new teacup in the livingroom next to some pink Gerbera Daisies that I treated myself to.


The last of my Amaryllis are blooming; that's Minerva on the left and Red Lion on the right. All the others are growing and building up strength for next year. They do take up a lot of room!  Once the weather warms up I can move them all onto the porch.


           The birthday?  April 12th is Gladys Taber's birthday. In honour of her I reread Another Path, the book she wrote after her dear friend and companion of 30 some years died leaving her bereft.
Are you a Gladys Taber fan?  I hope so. She writes such down-to-earth books.


Thanks for visiting today,

Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed several of Gladys's books! Pretty cups and flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely teacup for your collection and it looks so like spring! Your flowers look so bright an cheerful. I have not read any of Gladys Taber's books, I will have to check her out. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GT's name is familiar...I quick looked up in library. No books for Kindle, and only one hard copy of Another Path. Also looked on Amazon...I feel like I have read Still Cove Journal a long time ago. I would like to have more of her books.

    Your teacup is a little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you have some lovely eggs on the table too. I always wondered if that tea cup handle had a special name:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table with the pink daisies and the teacup is so pretty. Those daisies almost look artificial, they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! I love tea cups too! It's a such a blessing to have good books to read! I am loving DE Stevenson myself lately and also Miss Read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely are the teacups and flowers! I have never heard of Gladys and now I want to go check her out. I lost a very dear friend a few years ago.........and how much my heart misses her every day. Another Path sounds like such a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty flowers and teacup! I have never read Gladys's books, but now will search for one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a sad GT book, but very good.
    I love your new cup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tea cup and flowers are all lovely! I haven't read Gladys Tabor in years, but you make me long for a good cozy read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pictures and oh yes! That teacup is a beaut! So dainty and prissy. LOVE IT! Happy Easter to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of the pictures of flowers that you shared, my friend. They really brighten life up, don't they? I'm so thankful for flowers. Your Amaryllis are just gorgeous! Such a beautiful teacup...dainty with that scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete