Tuesday 2 April 2019

Tea Cups


I put up more tea cups today. I choose the ones I'm not so fond of  and my DH glues a wooden circle under the saucer, inserts a half-inch dowel which fits into a length of pipe ( or maybe it's electrical conduit). Either one works fine. I tried gluing the cups to the saucers but I prefer being able to take the cups off.  I take them into my garden shed for winter then bring them out around this time of the year. I don't use them for birdseed because when it rains the feed gets musty. Birds do come and perch on the edge of the cups though, often tipping them.
This area is the Lily bed although none are up yet. In one corner you can see white blooms. I believe that is Rock Cress.



It wouldn't be Tuesday if I didn't have a new tea cup to show you. This one joins my made-in-Japan collection.  The picture doesn't really show how pretty it is. I'm not much of a photographer I'm afraid.


This one came in a set of 2 one of which had a chipped saucer. That one went outside to be a garden tea cup. This one will go on the porch. The price for the sets was  less than four dollars.



Our stretch of warm sunny days is coming to an end and we will have rain. Time to get housework done I suppose.

Thanks for visiting,

             Granny Marigold

16 comments:

  1. Your tea cups look very cute in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're hoping for rain this week so our Earth can hurry about and bloom!

    Love your garden tea cups. I received one as a gift last Summer and plan to put it out in my garden this year.

    Enjoy your week!

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty cups you have collected. Your garden must look so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tea cups and flowers. Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teacups are gorgeous...both inside and out. I am especially intrigued by your "Made in Japan" collection. Now and then I will find some blue and white dishes that say Japan on them and they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The garden tea cups are lovely. I need to do this! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need some of those so the birds can have a sip. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of teacup fun! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Things seem to be getting better as I get used to my grandkids and their special ways. I've only seen them a few times in their lives since they've always lived so far away. The Lord will see us through and teach us new things we couldn't learn otherwise. Hugs! (I guess I don't get notifications either. I just keep you guys on my blog roll and visit everyone from there.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Garden tea cups look very nice. Right this minute as I write. We are having high winds. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of what you are doing with the teacups...you make the second blogfriend that I will think of every time I see pretty teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea of using your extra teacups in the garden! They look darling! I will have to investigate the process further and see about doing the same myself, as I have so many little teacups, and like you said, some of them chipped and just inexpensively made that are perfect for cheering up the garden. I have enjoyed the sunshine so very much, but I know we already need the rain... how can that be, lol! But it will make for beautiful May flowers :) Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tea cups. I love the bronze colored one. The garden tea cups are lovely. I have one also. Mine are attached to a wooden post. The cup and saucer have holes drilled in them so I can attach the set with screw down through and into the wood. I also take mine in for the winter. It is still like winter here with snow, rain and ice. I enjoy looking at pretty Rock Cress. The tiny flowers are a welcome sight on this cold windy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you manage to drill holes in the saucers without breaking them?

      Delete
  13. More great finds! I love putting the cups and saucers in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your teacups are so pretty in your garden! The squirrels would tip the cups over here...they are rascals. You have pretty blooms already! Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely. BTW, I make Pascha too - the bread and the cheese - I hope to make again this year - will see what I am able to do! lovely teacups!

    ReplyDelete