Monday 1 April 2019

This and That

The weather has been so beautiful. Yesterday we took a drive out into the country. We stopped to take a picture of this split rail fence and gorgeous Daffodils.



The same yard had these old tractors that DH dearly would have wanted to look at more closely ( I discouraged him, thinking the people wouldn't be thrilled with strangers wandering about their yard).


              We stopped off at a roadside stand and bought lovely bunches of Daffs.



Today being Monday I did the laundry also baked Paska.  As you may know Paska is a Ukrainian Easter bread. A sweet eggy bread that my Mom always decorated with sprinkles over white icing. She made hers in Crisco tins ( in those days  Crisco tins were made of metal). I believe the round shapes are traditional. I don't know why I made one round loaf and one other but DH will be taking them along to Gleaners tomorrow when he goes to volunteer there.

Since I had no recipe for the Paska I just guessed. I did let my breadmaker do all the mixing and first rising.


Having finished that I went out and with DH's help set out my tea cups again. If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll remember those.



And now all that remains to be done is get supper on the table. I hope you had a great day.
Thanks for visiting,

Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. Oh those daffodils are gorgeous. Haven't seen any blooming around here yet but it shouldn't be long.
    I remember the tin Crisco cans with the lids.
    The bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked on the Minnesota/Manitoba border one of my co-workers was married to a Ukrainian lady from the region. She made these also. They were so good on the late shift. Phil/MN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Paska looks fabulous, just like my Oma made. You have inspired me to make some, must dig out my recipe.
    Everything looks so green, we are still pretty brown here.
    Enjoy your day!❤️
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. your teacup feeders look so sweet! The bread looks wonderful. I use a bread machine as well to do the kneading. I use my own recipes, let the machine do the work, then pull out the dough to make what I want. I read in a Julia Child's cookbook that at one time, to get bread ready for her cooking show, she had a dozen bread machines sitting on the floor cranking away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty china and the bread is delicious, I'm sure. I will have to read older posts to learn about the cups on the stands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your china is lovely and the bread is delicious, I'm sure. I have visited Canada twice and loved the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I haven't seen your teacups outside before! How charming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The daffodils sure are a welcome sight...mine are not blooming yet, but there are some in full bloom along the edge of a farm field on this one road. I could eat both those 'breads' right now...Roger has not been feeling normal the past couple of days and all I want to do is eat when he is like this.

    Do you leave your teacups out like that? For how long, or just to photograph...I have not been reading your blog long, but wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The John Deeres and the daffodils really look nice together, lol. My hubby was a big JD fan. :)
    The Paska looks delicious. Wish I could just guess at recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's about time for me to get supper ready now too, and there are daffodils on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the garden teacups/saucers they are a real delight. The bread looks delicious, I am going to google and see if I can get a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of Paska but it sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete