Saturday 30 March 2019

Another collection and some Seeds


This week I decided it was time to pick up all the tiny shoes and purses that I have collected, dust them, wash and iron the cutwork doily (made by an aunt now long gone) and put everything back again.   I don't do this job very often I guess because it's so fiddly.
Oh yes, there are some brooches on that dresser as well. I love seeing them as I walk by.





I picked up some Bush Bean seeds at Walmart then when I was at the Dollar store I saw their seeds were 4 for a dollar.  I got a package of lettuce seeds and 3 of flowers. I wonder if the seeds from the Dollar store are in any way inferior to those in other stores ( that cost a lot more).  I'll sow them once  the soil has warmed up and see how well they grow.


Thanks for coming by. I hope you have a pleasant Sunday.

Granny M

13 comments:

  1. Watch for a date stamped someplace on the seed packet...some may be older seeds. Germination varies from type of plant...but I will bet you have good luck with them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do let us (lettuce :-) know how the seeds perform.
    You do have some sweet and interesting collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute displays! I too wonder about the quality of the seeds at the dollar stores - you'll have to keep us updated on those!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did plant some Dollarama carrots. Some have come up. Carrots do take a while, and I also am interested to see how the cheap seeds do. You have some pretty collections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my those seed packets make me want to get out and dig in the dirt...but it is cold, cold today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun collection those little shoes are!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the display. The little shoes and purses are so cute. I am with you on not doing that sort of job very often. It is very fussy and detailed, but it feels so good to get it done! My guess with the seeds is maybe you get less in a packet from the Dollar Store. Not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful display, what amazing collections you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're very industrious! One reason I don't have a lot of knicknacks is that I'm too lazy to dust them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Look at those adorable shoes! Oh I love them all. I have a few but now I want more!!!! I can't tell you how many times I have passed up the SEED Packets...weather is so crazy right now here. But...I am aching for flipflop weather and digging in the dirt! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes are so nice. And purses. The friend I was ref to her site is Potpourri which you coment on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have planted dollar store seeds many times and always with great success. The only seeds that I like to buy fresh are carrot seeds. They only have about a 2 year storage life and then its hit and miss. I love the shoes and purses, they are just darling! Lovely display.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those tiny shoes!

    ReplyDelete