Friday 15 March 2019

This and That


I couldn't resist this gorgeous yellow Primula when I did the grocery shopping this morning. It is full of buds that I hope will open eventually.


Two of my latest library books. I'm disappointed in Conscious Creativity. It's as if the Philippa Stanton read  then merely paraphrased Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way ( which is a  much better read).  Miss Read, on the other hand, never disappoints her fans.


As I've often mentioned DH volunteers at a place where fruits and vegetables that would otherwise go to waste is dried and packaged into soup mix and  sent overseas to the needy . Sometimes foodstuff is sent that can't be used as such and volunteers are encouraged to take it home and make good use of it. Which was the case with this Kale and small packages of salad dressings and bags of seeds and cranberries that came with them.


The scones that I made yesterday just in time for daughter Sheila's visit after work ( she works at the hospital which is 5 minutes away). It was mild enough so we could sit on the porch and visit. Spring really does seem to be arriving.


Thanks for coming by.
Have a great weekend.


Granny M.

13 comments:

  1. Those scones look delicious, I would love to stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scones look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy, those scones look delicious. We had another mild day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scones look delicious...I have never read either of those books. The Artists Way or Conscious Creativity. I need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh nice! I love Miss Read so much!!! Those scones look great! and yay for free greens and such!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scones look delicious. My oven is currently out of commission and for some reason that is making me crave baked goods. How lovely that you could have a nice visit on the porch with your daughter. I enjoy reading Miss Read books too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Conscious Creativity book has such a gorgeous cover. I would have assumed it was a good read. I do have the Julia Cameron book, so I'll just read that instead, lol. I love the idea of drying and packaging the leftover veggies for others to use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scones were wonderful, and I enjoyed the inaugural porch-sit of 2019!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that Primula is just gorgeous...bright and cheerful. And your scones are making my mouth water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scones look delish! Such beautiful weather we are having. Have you ever made kale chips? Certainly not like potato chips, but they grow on you, and I can eat a whole bunch of kale easily that way. Who doesn't love freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The scones look nice. I would like the dried cranberries and seeds for salad, and I often put cranberries in my meatballs and meatloaf. Everything looks good!

    ReplyDelete