Wednesday 13 March 2019

No More Leaky Roof




How quickly the week went by since I last posted.  Way back in December I think it was I mentioned that our roof was leaking.  After trying to fix the problem ourselves ( and having no luck) we finally got professionals to come in.  It involved several days of noise and mess but it's done. We haven't had significant rain yet but I have faith that we won't have any more problems with leaks.
Anyway, my tea cup cupboard on the porch was right under a leak so I had to remove and pack them all up.  Yesterday I began unpacking and putting them all back on the shelves.


Like I did  before I have many of my cups that have no matching saucers in a couple of old picnic baskets. There's even room for a few more. *smile*


So that's what has been keeping me busy.  We've had a few more light snowfalls but the forecast looks promising for next week. Good thing too because it's just one week until SPRING!!!

Thanks for visiting,

      Granny Marigold





17 comments:

  1. I always dread getting any kind of leaks! I hope yours if fixed and stays fixed. How much I love your teacup cupboard and how lovely all of your teacup sets are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more leaky roof is GOOD NEWS! Happy for you guys! Pretty cups and lots of 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea cup collection is so pretty, and now it's safe again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea cup cupboard is so lovely..what a great collection!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your vintage china collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully no more leaks and you can get all your cups/saucers out again. What an amazing display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore your tea cup collection. Thanks for sharing
    Hugs,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do hope the roof is fully better! Wow, that tea cup collection is extensive! Very beautiful! Think of all the pretty tea parties you could have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the leak is fixed. Girl....I am loving all those tea cups! I have quite a few as well that do not having matching saucers. I just can't hardly pass up a pretty tea cup even if it doesn't have a matching saucer. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your roof is fixed! Wow! Your teacups look super lovely all together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a relief. We want to be snug and tight in our houses!

    Your primroses are so cheering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had forgot about the leaks and was wondering where you were! Glad your roof is fixed. I opened your photos in a new tab because I was in hopes I could get a bigger photo and I did. You have some really beautiful teacups! If I had room, that is one thing I could enjoy collecting. They always catch my eye when out and I see one. A few weeks ago I thought I had found a treasure at GoodWill...the teacup and saucer had tape wrapped around them. I though to keep them together. But when I got home the teacup was glued to the saucer...it was gorgeous. It was back on Jan 29 if you want to look at it: https://picsandpiecing.blogspot.com/2019/01/i-was-in-good-will-other-day-and-saw.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear your roof is fixed.
    Your teacup collection is beautiful and you have the perfect place to display them.
    I always think of you now when I see a pretty tea cup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen so many pretty teacups. The cabinet looks so pretty. Glad you got your leak fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah for no more leaks! Your cups will be safe now:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you got your roof fixed. We had to put a dewatering system in our basement because for the first time in 30+ years we had water in our basement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your teacups, all together like that, look amazing! So cheery. I think I spotted one cup that I have an identical one of -- in the right hand basket, a cup with large yellow roses. So pretty. Yay for a new roof!

    ReplyDelete