Tuesday 26 March 2019

Tuesday's Thrifty Treasures

Thank you for your kind words re my falling down. I'm much better and being ever so careful ( until the next time). 

I went to the thrift store this morning and found a few nice things. This tea cup and saucer will join my small collection of  made-in-Japan tea cups. I love how the insides of the cups are mother-of-pearl.  I especially like the open piecework around the saucer on this one.



This pretty tea pot was only four dollars and will go on my tea pot display out on the porch.


Because this pot had no lid it was marked down to a dollar. I'm planning on using it in my garden shed to hold tools.


Once I have some potted plants outside I may stick some of these pretty blue silk flowers around to brighten things up.


This Autumn-leaf platter was a treasure from a few weeks ago but I'm not sure I ever posted a picture of it. After I brought it home it went right into the tub marked Autumn Decorations.


I hope you enjoyed having a peek at my treasures.

Thanks for your visit today!

Granny Marigold

15 comments:

  1. You always find the best treasures! I love the open work on the teacup saucer... so pretty. The basil pot is perfect for storing garden tools... what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lidless pot would make a stunning vase for greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing your treasures...I love that teacup set....love that saucer for the same reason you do. But oh, I so love that autumn tray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed looking at your treasures. Love the little tea pot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did enjoy seeing what you found. That is such an unusual teacup. It's beautiful. I am always amazed at the teacups you find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that's pretty!!! you do find the neatest things! I love teacups! I don't have as much room as I sense you have so I love seeing all of your beautiful things that you find!!! I love treasure hunting too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better by now...sorry, I somehow missed your last post where you told us about your fall...I'm glad that you didn't break anything though I'm sure you were quite sore and probably still are! I just love the autumn platter! It's hard to tell how large it is but it sure is stunning!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful treasure indeed. The Autumn platter is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...you find such lovely treasures for such great prices! That teacup and saucer are so elegant! That teapot is adorable...and the autumn tray is just gorgeous. The colors are so rich. I love it that you already know what you will do with the pot that will hold your gardening tools. Great finds, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore that beautiful tea cups and saucer. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that pot you chose for garden tools - I am on the lookout for a smaller sort of pot for certain things on my gardening workbench, but I hadn't thought of looking at the thrift store. So far I had only looked around on my own cluttered garage shelves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lot of good deals you got! All beautiful! Every time I read of your thrift store adventures it makes me feel okay about ordering so many books from Amazon, lol! (My particular weakness!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear you had a fall. Hope you heal well! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tea cup in deed!
    I love that you are going to use that piece in your garden shed, great idea.

    Thank you for sharing your beauty with us ~

    ReplyDelete