Saturday 2 March 2019

This and That


Clear skies and a chilly wind this morning. When we left the house to go walking this is what we saw--- the concrete being pumped in for the new house being built next door. I didn't count but I'm sure several trucks with concrete were needed to fill the forms that the workmen had been setting up earlier this week.


After we came back from walking I made chocolate chip cookies and used some ripe bananas to make banana bread or loaf, whichever you call it.

I use parchment paper a lot and I found these pre-cut to size sheets at the Dollar store. Very handy.


M was showing us some science experiments on the internet. One was called Elephant Toothpaste and was the funniest one. He wanted to try doing some of them and we found 3 that I had the necessary ingredients for.  They were all 3 variations on the old vinegar and baking soda volcanoes that every kid ends up making in elementary school at some point.  We had the foresight to make them in the kitchen sink to limit the mess.


I got out my box of journals to choose a couple for some projects I am planning. These are some of my 'collection'.  Who can resist a lovely journal?


And now I think it's time to make a pot of tea and see if my DH wants to sample the Banana loaf.

Thanks for coming by,


GM

12 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the need to bake something! I have to stay away from the journal aisle. I always find something I "need"! Enjoy that banana bread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun things to do on chilly days. Cookies look good! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to try messy science experiments. I bought a new journal last week, as my current one is being filled up with daily events and my thoughts and stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That took me back laughing at the science projects. Beautiful journals, do you buy them or make them yourself? The cookies look good but I won't join you today as I am trying to lose a few pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often spot hardly used or even brand new journals at garage sales and thrift stores. Can't imagine why people get rid of them!

      Delete
  5. Save some banana bread for me! I will be right over...LOL I am with you on resisting journals...I do resist them now, but boy it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to look for some of the smaller parchment papers, I have a roll of paper. Your cookies look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, all of this! Very pretty journals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have a cup of tea with you and sample your banana bread. Your collection of journals are pretty. I was just looking at your last post...I had missed the pink display. It is so pretty, and so is the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. broke my arm today so this is hunt and peck. love your collection of journals. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun grandparents you and your husband are to do the science experiments with your grandson. And your cookies look so yummy! I buy those precut parchment papers, too. Mine come in a box and I usually get them at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun things to do . I recently baked a batch of cream cheese bars and oh they were so good . Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete