Sunday 21 April 2019

Sunday Walk


            We drove to a nearby wetlands hoping that the paths would not be too wet.


              The first path we took ended in a giant puddle...


             So we went back and took this one....


       which also ended up being  impassable.


As did the third path.  By then we figured we'd walked enough and we came home.






I brought in a bouquet of Tulips yesterday. They were lovely at first but then they opened overly much and now look like this. Does anyone know why they do this?   Florists sell bunches of Tulips and those must be treated to not do this. Any ideas?



Thanks for coming by today. I hope you are having a happy Easter!!!


Granny M.

12 comments:

  1. I thought all tulips did that.

    Your wetlands are really wet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your landscape is just saturated, isn't it! Wow. I can't answer the tulip question, but I do think they are pretty, even like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florists keep them cold. They open up in the light and warmth indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had wetlands near me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter to you and your family. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things dry out enough for you to get in your walks! Or maybe you could wear your galoshes and splash around? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your walk sure had some puddles.
    Look at all the green!
    I thought all tulips opened up like that, sadly, they do not last long, but are so very beautiful.

    Have a wonderful week~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read recently that cut tulips should be kept away from a sunny location in the house and should be in very cold water to keep the flowers "tight". Next time I have tulips I will try adding a couple of ice cubes in the vase on a regular basis and see if that really works. Happy Easter to you as well!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got your walk in just walking away from the "puddles"! Tulips are so pretty before they completely open. I'm guessing that the florists have something they use to prolong the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like some big wet puddles too! Our place is wet but we've had quite a bit of rain lately. I love tulips but never buy them nor have I tried to grow any. Those are pretty though. Hope your Easter was great. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you got a nice walk in any way in spite of the puddles.
    Can't help about the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tulips are lovely.......sometime's if you put them in the refrigerator they close up and stay fresher longer.

    ReplyDelete