Friday 10 May 2019

Bird Feeders and Lilacs


Every year around this time, when my Spring Clematis blooms, we change the look of the bird feeder.  The red top is taken off and the pink one set in its place.


                      The bottom piece is three-sided and slips over the tiled front.


                                Here the Clematis is not yet in full bloom. In the background you can see our                          20 foot high Lilac. It's getting harder and harder to reach any of the flowers.


There is a lilac bush across the street in a yard no one cares for much ( the man who lived there alone died recently).  That shrub has the most lovely white blooms that are tinged with pink until they open fully.   DH knows how much I love those flowers so he went to get me just one blossom. Yes, that is a single one. Isn't it huge?


 It's a very warm and sunny day today. I've been outside but now it seems just too warm to do much. I'll wait until the cool of the evening. 


Thanks for stopping by,

           Granny Marigold

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that you can change the look of your birdfeeder. I have never seen a lilac that big! Love the ONE your hubby got for you....LOL And I really like the view above it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to give the bird feeder a spring look. : )
    Love lilacs, they always remind me of my grandmother. She loved them and had them growing in her yard next to the living room windows and when she opened the windows the fragrance just floated in side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your adorable home with those clematis in bloom!!
    What an incredible size that lilac blossom is and I love the little bit of pink that is showing.
    Such a great idea changing out your birdhouse.

    Lovely visit here today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clematis Montana is beautiful. How clever of you to be able to change out the color of your decorative bird house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. Your backyard is amazing and your lilac bushes Take My Breath Away. Happy Mother's Day! Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you clever people. Changing the color of your birdfeeder! I didn't know lilacs got that tall! The white one is gorgeous. I hope you're enjoying a cooler evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so envious of your lilacs... mine are so tiny and not at all plentiful. I love how you change up the birdfeeder... very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen that lilac before. Beautiful. You make an inviting place for all the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that is a gorgeous lilac! And your yard is quite beautiful with so many things blooming. The clematis.... just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Clematis is just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your clematis montana is doing the same as mine......expressing itself freely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that bird feed is just transformed from one beauty to another! the flowers overhead are so beautiful! and that lilac! wow! got your comment on my blog. do let me know when the eye procedure is so I can pray esp for it. God bless you dear one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The clematis is beautiful! Maybe you could take a cutting from the lilac and try to root it. I'd give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that unusual bird feeder and how you can change the look. Your clematis is beautiful. Oh I wonder if the little lilac bush I planted last year will ever have big beautiful blooms. It bloomed this spring but the blooms were very small and puny looking. That one your husband is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of changing the look of the bird house and the clemantis is a delight so pretty.

    ReplyDelete