Tuesday 28 May 2019

Teacup Tuesday


I found a lovely cup and saucer at the thrift store this morning. It was made by Royal Standard and the pattern is Mandarin.


This pretty teacup by Paragon had no saucer but I find it so pretty ( and because it had no saucer it was marked down). The pattern is Flower Festival.  I love the shape.


          This delicate soup bowl had to come home with me. I don't have another like it.


The outside is rather plain but look at the inside.  Underneath is written Swansea and on the internet I learned that Swansea was made by Wedgwood.


I didn't buy this one today but I can't remember if I showed you this one or not but it is too beautiful not to share.  It joins my Japanese collection.


All the new teacups needed more space to display and my DH built this set of shelves last week. On Sunday he and youngest son secured it to wall on the porch. The paint was hardly dry when I put the teapots on top. That can of paint ( which was a 'miss tint' originally bought for the taller cupboard to the right) is just about empty now.



Gretchen, you wondered if the top cup in my before-last post was a Royal Grafton. No, it's Royal Standard.  You also wondered if I sat on the red bench by my Hostas. Just opposite is a wooden swing that hangs from a beam.  I have a blanket to make it extra comfortable and that's where I tend to sit if I'm not on the porch swing. Yes, I do have a love of swings!

Thank you for coming by and letting me share my thrifty treasures.

G.M.




14 comments:

  1. Your collection is beautiful and I love the color of the shelf. Your husband is quite the Craftsman his shelves are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness what a feast for the eyes, such a wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty!!! Love! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so beautiful. And I love the color of the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your beautiful tea cups! They're really lovely and it's so kind of your husband to make that shelf for you for them! I love the color you painted it and those swings sound so idealic for sitting in! I would love a picture of them if you don't mind it would be a lovely thing to share! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are lucky to have a handy hubby who can build things for you! Love your new teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you may have shared that last teacup before, but I remember thinking how gorgeous it is! You have a very patient and industrious hubby. The teacups are taking over! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your new shelf is just perfect for more of you beautiful collection of tea cups and saucers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just can't believe all the beautiful teacups you find. What a great collection you have. I don't know how you keep everything in your house so nice and clean. Your red bench is so pretty too. I've just caught up with the posts I've missed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do have a lovely collection, and beautifully displayed, thanks to your handy husband.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new cup without the saucer is very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your teacups are just lovely, my friend. And what a talented husband you have. Your shelves all look so pretty and I really like the color of the paint. I hope you've been doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful, delicate china. Your shelf is so lovely. I love the teacups and saucers.

    ReplyDelete