Friday 3 May 2019

My Day






I got a lot done today. Started off with grocery shopping. After that was put away we went to get a pick-up load of good black garden soil. Some of it we spread around but most of it will go to our older daughter's new flowerbed and youngest son's tomato pots. That's for tomorrow though.

In the afternoon I made fudge. I don't remember if I made any at Christmas but it seems like a long time since I last tasted any so today was the day.  It's just that simple recipe using condensed milk and chocolate chips except that after I had poured about two-thirds of the melted chocolate into the pan I added a good dollop of peanut butter to the rest before pouring that on top. It turned out just like I wanted it to.  Later I made lemon-cranberry Biscotti and put those in the freezer for unexpected company or just for our own enjoyment.

Now it's evening and I think I'll watch some more YouTube videos. Lately I've enjoyed The Solitary Rambler, and also the Lake District Walks with Eric Worsley. I love the scenery and find the videos very relaxing.  In one of the Solitary Rambler's videos he walks through ( and later visits) a tea shop called The Wrinkled Stocking Tea Room. Wouldn't you love to go have tea there? 

So that was my day. I wonder what you did today. Why don't you tell me in your comment?

Granny Marigold

 
 

14 comments:

  1. Yummy that fudge sure looks good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, fudge! We always used the recipe on the back of the marshmallow creme jar and added walnuts. Really good! Glad you enjoyed the book page on my blog! Thanks for stopping by. I won't bore you with what I did today, because I'll probably repeat it all on my blog, ha ha. I love YouTube videos, too. I watch a lot of videos about people living in Japan. Don't ask me why. It just interests me at the moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can remember to check out those youtube videos...I usually end my night by watching youtube videos...only I usually watch something sewing related. I did not make fudge this Christmas...I used to make 3 or 4 double batches and give most of it away. Now I cannot make a batch without it either being a bit soft, or almost tasting scorched...I don't know what happened to me. I made it for years just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, that fudge looks delish! Haven't made any in years now but it is so good. I'll have to check out those YouTube videos....yes, I would love to stop by the Wrinkled Stocking Tea Room!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds yummy around your house!
    How nice to get good dark dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fudge looks so good and makes me want to go make a batch. It has been a while since I made fudge. Since this post is from Friday, I can't remember what I did all day. :) Probably worked in the garden. That is where I've spent most of my time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fudge looks wonderful and the Lake Walks sound fantastic. I will have to look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like that recipe. Seems always turns out good. Have fun in the dirt. I worked in the yard today, getting some brush gathered up and transplanting a load of yellow day lilies that I got for free in town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fudge looks so good! We had a quiet day with a family gathering at my brothers house for his Granddaughters Confirmation. Got to see a new baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! FUDGE! YES...I so wish I had a slice. As soon as I saw the picture it reminded me of the many, many times my grandmother made fudge for Christmas. Of course you know she made homemade...long, hard way! LOL! But oh it was so good. She would make a batch with nuts and a batch without nuts. Every Christmas my heart done a leap cause I know granny would make fudge for us. She always hid me some in a butter dish in the frig to take home too! LOL! Happy day to you dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have *never* made fudge, but my daughter-in-law made it and gave it to everyone in the family for many years. She gradually turned the job over to her husband and children and I don't know if they have been able to keep up the Christmas tradition quite as consistently.

    There are some things I would in the past never have "bothered with" at any other time but Christmas, but lately I have been considering baking some special cookies right now in springtime, or anytime! Think of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that fudge looks perfect! :) I did not know about those videos, they sound great. I hope you are having a great day today! Today I did laundry and cleaning tasks and continue to put things away etc. I rested too :) I hope you have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I make this fudge recipe often but I've never thought of adding peanut butter. All three of my daughters-in-law love anything with peanut butter and chocolate so this would be a great hit. Thanks for the idea! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. That fudge looks amazing! Do you deliver? :)

    ReplyDelete