Wednesday 1 May 2019

Flowers and Herbs


A trip to the garden center with my DH and my older daughter this morning.  DH patiently pushed my cart as more and more plants 'leapt' into it.  I did have a list of things I wanted to buy but a lot of .69 and .99 plants were added  " just because".  The basil in the front here below will be transplanted this afternoon and will stay up on the porch near the table so I remember to actually use it. It will thrive on the sunny windowsill.  Next to it are a couple of plants of Thyme. For some reason most of mine didn't make it through the winter so I'm replacing them.





These Lilies are some that I bought last time I was at the garden shop.  They're opening nicely.



It just wouldn't be right if I didn't have a tea cup or two to show you.  This Royal Albert one has a tiny crack so was marked down to $4. Since I wanted it just for display that was fine.


This tea cup was also very inexpensive because there was no saucer. I think it's so gorgeous that it joined my many other saucerless cups in a bassket.




Plants and tea cups make me happy. The plants also give me a lot to do so I'm off to make a start.

Thanks for coming by.

Granny Marigold

7 comments:

  1. Plant shopping is so much fun, even if you don't buy anything! Happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good selection of plants you picked out.
    The lilies sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it is May Day, so plants are supposed to hop into baskets, right?
    We did some planting today too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your plants! Yes.....My buggy just can't pass up the plant aisle. LOL! Loving those beautiful tea cups lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would do me good to go to the green house...just what I need. Your teacups are so pretty! I always enjoy the ones you show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the plants that jumped into your basket. Thyme is such a pretty plant but I've never been able to grow it. A couple of years ago the thyme here was growing really good and spreading, then it started dying and completely disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your plants and your teacups are beautiful. Have fun grubbing in the dirt! :)

    ReplyDelete