Saturday 1 June 2019

Strawberries, Pretty China, and Flowers


Local strawberries are ready to be picked so off we went in the cool of the morning.  We picked 10 pounds between the two of us. A pailful each.  We found them not nearly as sweet as other years. Don't know why not because they've received lots of sunshine.  I made 3 jars of jam which will be wonderful on tomorrow morning';s toast.  Some  went into the freezer and the rest we'll eat in the next day or two.



After we got back we went to a nearby garage sale which turned out to be several on the same street.
I couldn't leave this lovely tea pot behind. It was only three dollars.


These pretty teacups were a dollar each because the poor frazzled woman whose gs it was couldn't find the saucers.  Luckily I like odd teacups with no saucers so I was happy to buy them.
The one on the left is a Royal Albert, the other 2 were made by Sadler.


I went out to check on my flowers and saw that several had fallen over so I cut them and brought them in. I find I don't do enough staking and many flowers just can't seem to support their blooming stalks.  I think the reason for that weakness is the shade that the back yard gets until around 11 AM.


That was my day. I hope you had a good one too.

Thanks for coming by,

GM

15 comments:

  1. Greatcdealz on the teacups...thatvteapot is beautiful. Love that Paul of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are lovely. You always find the prettiest teacups, I rarely see them at our local thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberries already? I guess I'll have to check the Farmer's market this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, fresh strawberries. Ours here won't be ready for at least another month. As usual you scored some beautiful finds at g.s. Your bucket of cut blossoms is gorgeous.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those strawberries are so pretty. Ours are beginning to produce a few more than two or three at a time like up until now. Your teapot find and the teacups are all so beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us...and those flowers are just gorgeous. The Iris here stayed pretty for a fairly long time, but the peonie did not. We've had so much hard rain of late that it destroyed the petals so it was nice to be able to enjoy the ones in your bucket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find such beautiful things! I think I understand why you would want done they're so pretty! The I'm sorry to hear about the strawberries not being as sweet but I'm sure though still be very good to use and eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM on those beautiful strawberries. I love them! I bet your jam turned out good too. Loving that deal on that sweet teapot. Look at your cute colander! Girl...you got some cute dishes. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my those strawberries sure do look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just about to make strawberry jam too. Beautiful finds, love the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh strawberries and homemade jam and jelly........what could be better! What a lovely find with the teapot and tea cups! Your flowers are so cheery looking! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bucket of flowers is beautiful . . . I'm sure you had fun putting them in vases around your sweet home. Oh, and the strawberries, yum, there used to be a couple of places around here to pick fresh strawberries, but they both closed down. I guess I should look into growing some of my own. Fresh homemade jam . . . that is going to be a treat:)
    Have a sweet day and thank you for your encouraging words and blogging friendship. You are an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious harvest of strawberries! You really have a nose for teaware! You find it everywhere! That's a gorgeous bucket of flowers, too. They will look so pretty scattered about your house. God bless and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In truth, my mouth started watering over your strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I brought a flat of strawberries home today, and I too found them to be not very sweet. I ate too many trying to find a good one. Well I guess the sugar will sweeten them up. I really dislike my irises, as most of them end up horizontal, and it is too much trouble to try to stake them all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous flowers!! It's good they were falling over so you can have them inside :) Lovely china as ever, GM. Aren't summer strawberries the best? Sorry they are not as sweet as they might be. I need to make some jam, but I'm still feeling a bit unmotivated.

    ReplyDelete