Saturday 8 June 2019

Garage Sale Finds


We took the grands and went to some garage sales this morning.  We found quite a few and most had great prices as well as super friendly people ( sellers).
Here are a few of my finds:



                                These three will be hung on the porch.


Books were .50. I really wanted to buy them all but restrained myself.  I'm pretty sure a couple of the ones I bought lean toward "new age" but at my stage of life I'm not about to be much affected by any philosophy not in line with my beliefs.  I guess I just love to read. Did you notice that the Poems Past and Present is a 1946 edition?



This little book has wonderful pictures and the magnifying glass is so unique I had to buy it.


The lit-up pumpkin will be put away until Autumn. The urn is perfect for something. Not sure just what.  My credo is 'if I like it and it's cheap, I buy it."


This glass flower ornament was FREE. I couldn't believe no one had taken it before I got there. I have admired them on various blogs, now I have my own.




I hope I haven't bored you too much.  I enjoy garage sales and thrift stores so much and tend to think others must as well.  Incidentally, the grands found all manner of treasures too.  M is still at that cute, adorable stage and whenever he wanted to buy something the seller would either give it to him outright or at least slash the price in half.  I used this to my advantage ( shamelessly) when I wanted a very large pink rock or crystal that the woman selling it said was worth $50.  I had M go ask her how much it was and she said for him it would be FIVE dollars.  Hmmm.  Guess who gave him the fiver to pay for it.

Thanks for visiting today,  GM


9 comments:

  1. What wonderful finds! I love that magnifying glass, it is very unique. Is the glass flower made from plates? I've seen those and they are so pretty, as is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, you have to take a pic of the rock and show us, you shameless granny! LOL You have made me laugh with that. I LOVE rocks...

    That magnifying glass is so pretty...it would be a pretty on a chain...as a pendant. I have never seen anything like it.

    I do enjoy seeing your thrift prizes...if you have room for it, and it is cheap, or even if it isn't and you can afford it, you might as well buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you found some great finds!!
    Haven't seen any garage sales around here lately!!
    In answer to your question about the pie I made. Didn't like the texture of it and I like pies with crusts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Yep, shameless, as Rose said... but wow, what a bargain. Hmmm 🤔 I haven't been using my grandkids to my advantage... 🤣 I need to check out garage sales again, been a long time since I've done that. And we would like to see that $5 rock!

    My daughter-in-law makes different things using glass palte, vases, cups, etc. She has made pedestal cake stands, side tables, and some other things. She gives them away to her friends and family. No, I don't have something of my own yet... I need to nudge her to make something for me lol.

    I have you on my list on my blog, so you are NOT boring! Have a lovely day! Blessings to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the sellers really wanted to get rid of stuff, and you just helped them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds, love the glass flower and magnifying glass. Impressive books, particularly the beautiful poetry one and a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine that lovely urn full of Summer flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOH...loving your finds girl. We need to go thrifting together. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of water lilies!! And a true climbing rose...

    What a great strategy to take your grandchildren with you to garage sales. :-)

    ReplyDelete