Monday 24 June 2019

Morning Walk

Bunnies were cavorting about when we walked this morning.  They seem quite used to people going past.


Hedge Bindweed is busy covering fences and bushes. So pretty but so very invasive. The internet describes it as a herbaceous perennial that twines around other plants in a counter-clockwise direction.
It is related to the Morning Glory that we grow in our gardens but that one is an annual. However in my yard it self-seeds and pops up in strange places, like the gravel area! 



The lake continues to be covered in Water lilies.  These geese appear to be "caught" among the foliage.


Around the house today it's laundry day and since it's not raining I plan on going out to pull a few weeds and do some dead heading of the roses that are along the driveway. 
I hope you're having a good day.   G.M.

11 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Awe...those bunnies are so adorable. We used to see rabbits all the time in my yard but very seldom do I see one now. Speaking of morning glories, I planted some from seeds and I am patiently waiting on them to get big enough to transplant around a barn pole by my pond so I can enjoy. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bind weed sure is invasive...but down home regular old morning glories grew in the gardens and tobacco patches worse than the bindweed...and I have never seen them grow wild around here at all...just the bindweed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did laundry today too and I also pulled weeds. I pulled a bunch of weeds in the vegetable garden and discovered a nest of newborn bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, that bindweed is awful sometimes, huh. I'm always having to spray a few vines of it somewhere. The morning glories at one of the kid's houses reseeds also... I grabbed some of the seeds from last year and got some going for the new daughter-in-law's garden. She's never had a garden in her life - she cried when I put in her first garden for her last year! Awww! But anyway, I have found morning glory seeds sprouting from the privacy fence where they got lodged when falling... no dirt, just the wood of the fence. I though that was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bindweed is a terrible nuisance and very hard to control and eradicate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice walk, I enjoyed your pictures, especially the bunnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing the bunnies. Your Morning Glories are so pretty. That is one thing that my hubby isn't crazy about so I just enjoy other people's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done the laundry today too, hopefully it will dry very quickly and I can get it ironed and put away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's laundry day here too. I plan to get everything washed before I go out of town.
    That bindweed is certainly invasive! Have a great day, GM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When we used to have a garden that bindweed would crawl up the corn stalks...it is a horrid little plant :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice the bunnies let you get pictures of them. : )

    ReplyDelete