Thursday 20 June 2019

Lilies


My Lilies are blooming and I'm enjoying the various colours. The self-sown Lavender sort of hides this corner!  There are also some volunteer Nasturtiums in among the Lilies but I don't have the heart to pull them out.


                    Alyssum and Thyme growing in the front of the bed.



           The Daylilies are also starting to open.  This one is Apricot Sparkles.


                    And there is a row of  Stella d'Oro.


Unfortunately some of my Daylilies have been infested with the Gall Midge that causes the buds to be misshapen and full of the 'eggs' for next year's infestation. I have to go around and cut off the affected buds, seal them in a plastic bag and put them in the garbage.


We had a bit of a shower last night, just enough to freshen things up a bit but not enough to give the plants a decent drink. The forecast for next week is for rain so we'll wait and see if it happens.

Now the sun is breaking through the clouds and it looks like the rest of the day will be fair.

Thanks for visiting,   G.M.


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your lilies are GORGEOUS!! I love the explosion of color! Do you know the name of the yellow/red lilies? Sooooo beautiful with the other plants accenting everything. Blessings to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked through my rather haphazard bunch of tags from lilies bought in previous years. I'm not sure but the one you mention might be " Bumble Bee'.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful corner of your garden. So far we hae not had that gall midge. Fingers crossed. We seem to get every pestilence eventually

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, oh!!!!! Loved seeing all of these. That Asiatic lily in your photos looks like the one my neighbor has. I am definitely going to look for one. Or more. I just love that color. And I love your day lilies. I need to do something with mine. I have got to get rid of some of the coneflowers next spring...I love them but they just take over. they crowd out my day lilies almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far we don't have the gall midge (perish the thought with my 250 daylilies!) but we have the lily beetle which unfortunately decimates the asiatic lilies. Your garden is gorgeous!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lilies haven't even started to bud yet! I have one Asiatic lily and they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame that you have lost some of the buds. On a positive note, your garden is looking gorgeous, so much colour.

    ReplyDelete